SRowells Diablo 1.8 - Jenvey 45s & OMEX600

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SRowells Diablo 1.8 - Jenvey 45s & OMEX600
So yesterday was a complete waste of time...

I wanted to fit my lucas callipers as I had decent pads for them and you can get aftermarket pads for them. he Bosch type 3s I can only get the standard mintex pads.
Lucass fitted, nipples were seized so out came the blow torch for the first time ever. Worked like a charm! Braided lines on! Big Grin

[Image: IMG_20140505_180740_zpspccy55j5.jpg]

then after all that the fondmetals wouldnt clear the callipers... So i ground down the front edge of the calipers. Drivers side was fine but the pads had more meat on them on the passenger side and it would have been silly to take more off. Fondmetals off and spare 16s on the front Sad

[Image: IMG-20140505-WA0004_zpsroph37ug.jpg]
[Image: IMG-20140505-WA0008_zpsj8dvgydg.jpg]

Then I didnt have the flat bolts to fit the oregons so i drove on tapered to my grans and swapped bolts at 10pm before driving to london at a reasonable 70mph.

Next weekend Ill have to fit the original bosch type 3 callipers with new pads, send the fondmetals off to be refurbished, paint everything and get my head measured properly before epic work begins!

Also just found this track time selfie!

[Image: IMG_20140426_102001_zpsck8gsfs1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Strange about the calliper fitment, the bit you were grinding is the carrier which does not move regardless of meat on the pads, so if one side fit then the other should have too!
Thanks given by:
(06-05-2014, 07:22 PM)HDi--Power Wrote: Strange about the calliper fitment, the bit you were grinding is the carrier which does not move regardless of meat on the pads, so if one side fit then the other should have too!

Yeh the carrier on the other side did fit after grinding but it was then catching on the slider (as you can see in the last picture) and I really dont want to grind that. Its taking it a bit too far!
Thanks given by:
lol love the track selfie

Who's doing you wheel refurb?
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Havent got any money for the wheel refurb so going to have to make do with them how they are! Thinking AW smart repairs in martlesham.

Really unhappy with driving around with the white oregans on so im going to get some spacers and fit the Fondmetals back again. I did go to euro car parts to get some pads however they gave me the right box with the wrong pads in! D:

My head has definitely skimmed to far by the company i went to. I have measured it multiple times and the skim marks are fairly far down. Need to find a 1.5mm fibre gasket in order to use it. Backup plan is to not fit the GTI6 head and use the 1.8 head which is a shame but the only option.
Thanks given by:
Just use the xu10j4r repair gasket, I've used then on several engines.
I would personally use the head with the repair gasket no problem.
Just to give you an idea, I was using that head on a GTi 6 oe head gasket with petert reground cams at the specced lift and had no problems. The lift of the cams is higher than standard 6 cams.
Have the 1.8 pistons got valve cut outs?
Thanks given by:
Cheesegrater off of here has a spare head of needs be
Thanks given by:
Worst case I have a head sam, but it needs new valves as they got a little personal with the pistons.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(11-05-2014, 07:47 PM)Paul_13 Wrote: I just don't want to be portrayed as a cowboy trader because I'm not. I wouldn't of sold it if it was shit, my names not Baz!

Paul DW its not you. I have no doubts that the head was perfect when I bought it off you. The skimming place have simply taken too much off!

Anyone got a link to buy a repair gasket? X
Thanks given by:
Why not get the valve seats cut back into the head by the amount it was skimmed by?
Thanks given by:
that's not ideal, decreases spring seat pressure and runs the risk of bottoming out the tappets.
Thanks given by:
Last night I went on a mission to collect parts.

Left my flat near London City Airport at 6 and finally made it to the M25 after an hour and a half!

Went to Grants and picked up the spare loom which is being cut up to make the custom one.
Then went to Nialls and picked up some longer wheel bolts for the spacers.
Went to see a uni friend after that.

Ended up getting back at midnight.

Plan for the weekend is....

PAS Relocation
Fit Slimline Fan
Fit Throttlebodies
Fit OMEX

On hold is...

GTI6 Exhaust Manifold and manifold back magnex
GTI6 head

Its a shame but means I will make the mapping booking on Monday! Once the head and exhaust is fitted then Ill have to go back for a second mapping.
Thanks given by:
So what happened today...

I got back to london. Niall and grant were called into work so I was on my own. Managed to get the Manifold off and the loom out. Then took the aux belt off along with the PAS pump and the AC pump. Then the PAS mount got bolted on. And then it was time to put the car back on the ground!

[Image: FB_IMG_1400344817063_zpso0aj6hfc.jpg]
[Image: IMG-20140517-WA0005_zpsz2icavz7.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20140517_195940_zpsuzftp7ta.jpg]

Tomorrow will see the PAS pump going back on and possibly being plumbed back up. I don't have any way of rotating the inlet elbow so that may be a problem. Need to grind down the original PAS mount and fit the AUX belt. Then the throttlebodies can be fitted along with the omex and loom. Loom has been stripped but still need to marry the stripped gti6 loom and omex loom together. Wish me luck.
Thanks given by:
Good luck mate Smile

How many days do have on it before it goes to get mapped?
Thanks given by:
So I have tomorrow... and then monday off work. The flat bed is coming at 2pm on Monday and it needs to be on the Rolling Road at 4pm!
Thanks given by:
A heat gun on the elbow on the PAS pump and a ring spanner will get it moved round. Did it on mine

[Image: IMG-20131222-WA0006_zps1mhzik0d.jpg]
Thanks given by:
So i guess you decided just to use the 1.8 head?

Didn't realise you hadn't started this, you make Niall's effort looked well planned. lol
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(18-05-2014, 06:54 AM)Poodle Wrote: So i guess you decided just to use the 1.8 head?

Didn't realise you hadn't started this, you make Niall's effort looked well planned. lol

Tell me about it...

Yes using the 1.8 head because I need to find a thick gasket for the gti6 one... Literally doing the bare minimal to get the bodies and ecu on. I just need to make the mapping booking!
Thanks given by:
How it going mate have got the another pas yet?

I really will try my hardest to get morning off but its looking unlikely as its are one of are busiest months Sad
Thanks given by:
looking good sam shame about the 6 head but itll be nice to see what to 1.8 will do with bodys. hope you get it done for in time for the mapping !
Thanks given by:
I never understand why people book a mapping session while the car is still in pieces?! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Because it should have been possible to do it all in 2 and a half days!
Thanks given by:
Heard on Facebook dum dum and matt are sorting the pas for you??
Thanks given by:
Yep I've got one here but my rear beam really isn't up to the mission!
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
(18-05-2014, 04:56 PM)Matt Wrote: Yep I've got one here but my rear beam really isn't up to the mission!

I've got one here but a 4 hour round trip isn't exactly fun for the girlfriend lol
Thanks given by:
Yeah it's same distance for me, but I think dum dum is gunna be a hero!
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
(18-05-2014, 04:51 PM)SRowell Wrote: Because it should have been possible to do it all in 2 and a half days!

No. It never works that way. Believe me lol
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
This should be interesting. What cams is it running for the mapping? Stockers?

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
Amazingly JP its running stock cams because im running a stock 1.8 head.

Sam Dum Dum and Matt are sorting me out for a PAS pump. I still want yours though as the elbow is bent round the right way!

Current situation... WIRES EVERYWHERE, PAS FLUID EVERYWHERE. 4 unknown plugs and fuel and power relays to wire....

And by wire i mean solder together which is going to see the spectacular joining of 2 extension leads out of the second storey window of a block of flats, across a pavement and a road. Im going to steal cones from the road works to make it safe.
Thanks given by:
Sam will you be walking to FCS?
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SRowells Black Rallye Eeyore 736 226,516 22-05-2020, 10:11 AM
Last Post: Mighty306
  SRowells 3D Printed Cup Holders Eeyore 17 5,875 08-01-2017, 07:04 PM
Last Post: Magenta Sunset
  SRowells & Declantgs StanceBoard Project Eeyore 59 13,582 25-06-2012, 10:57 PM
Last Post: Eeyore