Rockers '6 Is back

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockers '6 Is back
Nice one mr fish Smile can come fix mine if you like Tongue
Thanks given by:
Good day today, managed to get the footwells cleared out and get the carpets back in

Sorted the brake light switch so its not so sensitive, was going off whenever the car hit a bump lol

Also gave it a service this afternoon and adjusted the boot lid so it shuts with no gap like it had before

Got a small to do list left to get through

Need to bleed the rad through again
Stop the exhaust blowing from the cat again
Finish spraying some bay pieces
And give her a damn good clean and polish
Thanks given by:
[attachment=15481]

Only picture I've taken recently lol

Head unit is back in still haven't sorted the blower direction but think its down to the green cable having a twist in the end of it

Don't seem to be able to get any heat into the cabin though which is a bit concerning, have bled it a couple of times running with heaters on and a cut up bottle for a header tank but still nothing, maybe I'm missing something obvious though

Got the track time pass through today for combe so that will be a decent session to get started with some track driving

Just remembered I have her a quick service on Sunday aswell just need to swap the plugs over for the new set I've got now
Thanks given by:
Looking good mate Smile

What session are you on 1pm and ?
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Just 1pm Sam too skint to order anymore just yet haha
Thanks given by:
(16-04-2014, 09:51 PM)rocker8742 Wrote: Just 1pm Sam too skint to order anymore just yet haha

Cl should be fun with me and steve Big Grin

Just got to hope my exhaust passed db test,did before but it one of those thing s I always worry about.
Thanks given by:
Having a twist in the cable maybe your issue or not enough tension, try pulling the outer back and locking in position with erm..a cable tie or similar. Fingers crossed mate Smile

My DT was warm, cold and stayed cold, took 3 attempts at bleeding the air out. Have you put any coolant cleaner in, run it and drained the system, you may have some trapped gunk??
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
What exhaust have you got on there mate? Gotta sort out the blow on mine as its getting bloody daft lol

I've not drained it but bled it a fair few times, may try that at the weekend though

As for the cable it's not down to the tension unfortunately as when the cable should be pushed back into the outer sleeve the cable bunches up at the heater panel end because I think the cable may have been left pushed up somewhere while the dash was off
Thanks given by:
Mine a magnex cat back and decat quite chavy low down in the revs but nice at the top.It's a 2.5 incg system so abit bommy but probably the best for power and looks.
Thanks given by:
Flush the system out with cleaner, think of all that old gunk - more of a piece of mind job Smile. Fingers crossed you get this sorted mate Smile

Thanks given by:
Any decent cleaners you'd recommend?

Mine should be fine as its standard with an omp box on just need to sort out the blows haha
Thanks given by:
We used to use forte ones in the garage, still use them now Smile

Thanks given by:
[attachment=15562]
[attachment=15563]

Couple of pictures after a quick wash today
Thanks given by:
No clones?!
Thanks given by:
Not at the minute mark one of the tyres has a huge bulge in so these are a temporary measure
Thanks given by:
Re sprayed my coil pack cover and did a couple of other plastic bits in the bay

[Image: myvy6yqe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
All of the paint has come off my engine bay plastics. What primer did you use? Some fairly vibrant colours going on there.
Thanks given by:
Wow thats white! Looks good though

Are you doing any track time at fcs??
Thanks given by:
They haven't been on for long so ill see how they last, it was Simoniz grey primer and a couple coats of hycote white primer

(05-05-2014, 05:44 PM)7057sam Wrote: Wow thats white! Looks good though

Are you doing any track time at fcs??

Not sure if ill be at fcs just yet mate, would like another crack at combe though hopefully in the dry. Probably be at pugfest though
Thanks given by:
Interesting cold air feed you've got there!
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
I was talking to matt_rallye the other day about painting all the intake side of the engine white, purely in the interest of keeping the temps down as much as possible, did you do it for any reasons like that or just because it looks cool?

should get some intake air temps before and after
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Would painting the inlet any colour really make that much of a difference?

Thanks given by:
It was purely for looks mate don't know if it would make much if a difference u certainly haven't noticed any difference
Thanks given by:
any difference would be so minimal it wouldn't make a difference anyway, I just give that much of a shit that I would consider measuring it anyway haha
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Wrapping it in gold leaf would disperse temps quicker...maclaren did it Smile

How much do you want to invest in it lol

Thanks given by:
Well for those people that didnt see this at fcs, it was there but only on stand briefly, was an eventful day

After leaving home at 6:30 had a gear linkage snap 5 minutes up the road so had to Bodge it with a cable tie to get me to combe

Bought some bakerbm gear linkages (thanks to Scott and grant for suggesting speaking to stu he seems like a top bloke) and fitted the top ones on stand ready for going out on track

Got out on track and was going much better than the last outing, deffinitely more capable than I thought so looking forward to getting out again in future

As quite a few of you who were there knew whilst it was on track had a slight issue, the matrix hose popped off of the bulkhead and promptly cooked the engine so it spent the rest of the day being played with to try and make it run again while waiting for a recovery truck

Again big thanks to those who helped or gave advice, was a good day and at least she went out having fun Big Grin

Borrowed a compression tester (thanks Paul) and got 6/3/3.5/6.5 Bar from drivers to passenger side

Will hopefully be getting another engine to drop into this one and then probably strip the old one to see what state it's in

Unfortunate but oh well gonna move on from here Smile will probably invest in a few extras for when it goes in too

Pictures from the day

[Image: 2esa5ahu.jpg]
[Image: ry5apumu.jpg]
[Image: upa5y7uh.jpg]
[Image: a2ane5uj.jpg]
[Image: aba8yze3.jpg]
[Image: e3e7u3yb.jpg]
[Image: 6anede2u.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Its a shame what happened mate! Time for a new build though! :-)
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Sorry to hear that tom was going say hi when we came of track and saw your car at the side

I know a mate who got my good engine off for £200 pound he breaks 6's and axsara vts i'm shore he can sort you out a engine Smile
Thanks given by:
I've already got a replacement lined up Sam but ill keep it in mind if there's a next time haha

Did mean to chat with you guys a bit more but was a bit too focused in trying to make it run again, on the bright side it was much better fun than last time out
Thanks given by:
(13-06-2014, 10:47 PM)rocker8742 Wrote: I've already got a replacement lined up Sam but ill keep it in mind if there's a next time haha

Did mean to chat with you guys a bit more but was a bit too focused in trying to make it run again, on the bright side it was much better fun than last time out

Yes tom all the photo a of you on track appear to have you facing the right way Smile

I did fear for the worst after we saw it parked up and the side.

Did you get many laps in before it went?tyres any good?
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rockers '6 rocker8742 56 19,071 18-11-2017, 08:42 PM
Last Post: rocker8742