Posts: 9
Threads: 3
Joined: Apr 2014
Location: Wilts
Bear with me, new car and all.
Radio code.
Hmmm.
Think I have the right numbers now but after trying to input the right code with my man claws I may have hit the wrong button, well ok I did.
So now when I turn the radio on and press the radio wavelength button all that I get is the four dotted lines in the middle of the display and a additional four thicker lines under those.
Is the radio now permanently locked out now?
Ta
Posts: 386
Threads: 77
Joined: Nov 2012
Reputation:
1
Location: Andover
Car Model/Spec: 1999 pug 306 hdi
No if check a few threads down I have a post where you can get your code all you have to do is take you head unit out and get the serial number etc from it or maybe you will have the code written somewhere, as for the locked of you turn the key once so the radio comes on, press bnd for 4 seconds and then leave it, it could take from 15 second to a hour to unlock so just leave the ignition as it is and then in time it will unlock and then input the code, if do the wrong code again then it will lock again so will have to wait again so make sure you get the rite code
Posts: 9
Threads: 3
Joined: Apr 2014
Location: Wilts
Thanks for the reply.
I pushed the wave length button down but I guess I didn't wait long enough for the "code" lamp to come up.
Will try again.
Posts: 9
Threads: 3
Joined: Apr 2014
Location: Wilts
(09-04-2014, 06:39 PM)shokenore Wrote: Thanks for the reply.
I pushed the wave length button down but I guess I didn't wait long enough for the "code" lamp to come up.
Will try again.

OK
Thanks for the information.
Turned on the ignition
and the radio and pushed the wavelength button and waited.....
and eventually CODE came up entered code and now have the radio working.

Just gotta find the old box of cassettes
Thank you.