Rockers '6 Is back

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockers '6 Is back
What did i tell you Tom . Why you no listen??

Im sure iv linked you to the guide in this thread. Its an epicly fun job , i hope you enjoy your self Tongue

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Weird how its leaking water but not filling the car with steam :/
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(25-10-2013, 12:28 PM)Tom Wrote: Weird how its leaking water but not filling the car with steam :/

Iv nevet had or heard of a leakey.matrix filling the car with steam lol

Thanks given by:
Steam comes from the leaking hot water? lol the air flow around the matrix would push all the steam out where ever the vents are pointing.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(25-10-2013, 01:23 PM)Tom Wrote: Steam comes from the leaking hot water? lol the air flow around the matrix would push all the steam out where ever the vents are pointing.

But that would then mean you have air in the system and the leaking matrix wouldnt be your biggest problem

Thanks given by:
(25-10-2013, 03:51 PM)puglove Wrote:
(25-10-2013, 01:23 PM)Tom Wrote: Steam comes from the leaking hot water? lol the air flow around the matrix would push all the steam out where ever the vents are pointing.

But that would then mean you have air in the system and the leaking matrix wouldnt be your biggest problem

Nah what happens with your kettle when it comes to boil? Steam. This is a similar situation. Had it in my old 106 although it wasn't that bad but it did fog up the windscreen so i couldn't see where i was going lol.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I also had this in my first phase1.
Had a steady drip on the floor. Then that was closely followed by lots of steam through vents etc windscreen was heavily condensated.

Just bypassed it back then and sold it
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(26-10-2013, 01:54 PM)Jimbo Wrote: I also had this in my first phase1.
Had a steady drip on the floor. Then that was closely followed by lots of steam through vents etc windscreen was heavily condensated.

Just bypassed it back then and sold it

Dodgy bugger Big Grin
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
Well the 6 is still alive just about but it's a little bit of state at the minute, parked up on the drive with the dash half out and no tax

Also have a new daily while she's off the road

[attachment=12651]
Thanks given by:
What is it?

I hope its a DT, but can't see any evidence of coal Sad
Thanks given by:
1.9 nad, woulda been nice to have a dt tho lol
Thanks given by:
Mmmm, bet that's pretty dire lol

Want a turbo?
Thanks given by:
Haha it would be nice Big Grin although its not bad around the lanes where you don't need top end
Thanks given by:
New matrix is in, now just have to get the dash and carpet back in

Have a decat On its way and will probably stick the omp mid pipe I've got in at the same time
Thanks given by:
Dash is back in and it's running, first time I've heard the engine in 2 months <3 been having withdrawal symptoms lol

Anyone fancy donating some part worn tyres and tax ? Wink
Thanks given by:
There was some cheap nankangs in the for sale section! Unfortunately you have to suck it up and pay the tax Sad
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
[attachment=14711]

It's good to be back.
Thanks given by:
BAAAWWPP!!

Thanks given by:
Bit of an update, she's now back on the road and seems to be going well need to bleed the rad through again as its got another airlock and need to get the carpets back in.

There's a few little niggles I need to work out like the blowers won't point at the windscreen anymore and the brake light switch is too close to the pedal so any slight bump sets it off but that's things that aren't urgent.

It's also on the old wheels as they're the only full set with decent tyres I have ATM
Thanks given by:
finally....Tongue

if you work out the blower issue, let me know, I have a 306 here that has the exact same issue.
Thanks given by:
Will do mate it's odd yas it directs the air correctly on the other settings and it doesn't jam on windscreen and isn't hard to select which makes me think it might not be the flaps or cable

Was wondering if there's a pipe not lined up right behind the dash
Thanks given by:
Something's out of kilter mate, maybe a pipe blocking the flap opening properly?

Thanks given by:
Doesn't feel like there's any resistance when you turn it though, I'd have thought if the flap was blocked it'd be very stiff to select or not possible at all
Thanks given by:
Has the cable got enough tension?

Thanks given by:
Not sure i hadn't thought of that, will check it when I get a bit of time
Thanks given by:
(31-03-2014, 10:00 AM)mr_fish Wrote: finally....Tongue

if you work out the blower issue, let me know, I have a 306 here that has the exact same issue.

Think devils fuel is right with this mate, had a slight play earlier and can get the air onto the windscreen by playing with the end of the cable where it goes into the heater panel

Feels like when you put the dial on windscreen the cable bunches up at the heater panel if you push the loop out of the cable then air goes onto the screen but if you change the air to somewhere else and back you get the loop back in the cable
Thanks given by:
Glad you found the problem mate, fixing it is the next lol

Reppity rep??

Thanks given by:
Should have it now Smile
Thanks given by:
Cheers bigman Smile. Fixing my cable issue was a bitch as the clips to hold the outer cable were bust Sad

Thanks given by:
Cheers chaps, will check this out and let you know Big Grin
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rockers '6 rocker8742 56 18,729 18-11-2017, 08:42 PM
Last Post: rocker8742