Posts: 701
Threads: 59
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
3
Location: Gillingham Kent
Car Model/Spec: 306 D-turbo
Posts: 4,189
Threads: 61
Joined: May 2012
Reputation:
11
Location: Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
Car Model/Spec: rallye,Astor 6
Looking great,what colour are you doing the nimrods?
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Posts: 701
Threads: 59
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
3
Location: Gillingham Kent
Car Model/Spec: 306 D-turbo
Going to keep them silver would like white but would be a clone of jonny/vaughans estates.
Posts: 4,189
Threads: 61
Joined: May 2012
Reputation:
11
Location: Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
Car Model/Spec: rallye,Astor 6
16-03-2014, 08:11 PM
(This post was last modified: 16-03-2014, 08:12 PM by 7057sam.)
Cl cl going to add any lows?,really fancy a estate for a 2nd daily hack
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Posts: 701
Threads: 59
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
3
Location: Gillingham Kent
Car Model/Spec: 306 D-turbo
No lows on this one the ride is so comfy, maybe just 40mm on the front.
Posts: 701
Threads: 59
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
3
Location: Gillingham Kent
Car Model/Spec: 306 D-turbo
So picked up some nimrods off a breaker on eBay the tyres where alright but the wheels themselves where covered in baked on rust from where somewhere had no pads and the others had tar so got out the wire brush on the drill and got it all off whilst destroying the paint on them.
This is when I picked them up:
As you can see they are in a pretty bad way.
So decided the best way to sort these out was to take off the tyres give them a good sand down and try and make them better than they was. They didn't come out to bad and I didn't put the most effort into them.
After putting on the paint:
Then the lacquer:
Just going to leave them to dry before putting on the tyres on. I've got my 20mm spacers coming as well.
Posts: 1,897
Threads: 162
Joined: May 2012
Reputation:
21
Location: Dunstable
Car Model/Spec: 306 HDI Dturbo, Estate & GTI6
Nice work on the alloy. What was the silver you used on them?
Posts: 4,189
Threads: 61
Joined: May 2012
Reputation:
11
Location: Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
Car Model/Spec: rallye,Astor 6
Nimrod loook lovely mate
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Posts: 701
Threads: 59
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
3
Location: Gillingham Kent
Car Model/Spec: 306 D-turbo
(21-03-2014, 01:04 PM)7057sam Wrote: Nimrod loook lovely mate 
Thanks mate wasn't the best job but it will do.
(21-03-2014, 12:52 PM)DeeTurbo Wrote: Nice work on the alloy. What was the silver you used on them?
My mate had some left over he just just asked the paint shop to mix him a good silver for wheels.
Posts: 896
Threads: 42
Joined: Apr 2012
Reputation:
2
Location: Lakes District
Car Model/Spec: 1.9 XUD
Yey!
You find another one, should have gone for a half decent one though
Do you miss the '6 much? Passed it's MOT today
Posts: 701
Threads: 59
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
3
Location: Gillingham Kent
Car Model/Spec: 306 D-turbo
Yeah I miss the Gti quite a bit miss the limiter action glad to see your getting on well with it and that it's gone to a good owner, but getting there with the estate feels so slow at the moment.
Posts: 896
Threads: 42
Joined: Apr 2012
Reputation:
2
Location: Lakes District
Car Model/Spec: 1.9 XUD
I'm scared of the limiter
I've only smashed it once!
Posts: 1,433
Threads: 142
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
11
Location: derbyshire
Car Model/Spec: ph1 DT estate , 207 1.6 hdi
looking good mate. cant wait to see the rods on im still undecided on wheels for the ph1 state im doing so will help me choose
Posts: 157
Threads: 16
Joined: Mar 2014
Reputation:
0
Location: Nottingham, United Kingdom
Posts: 701
Threads: 59
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
3
Location: Gillingham Kent
Car Model/Spec: 306 D-turbo
So my spacers came yesterday got excited decided to fit them today:
I got the 60 degree tapered washers and went for 20mm spacers.
So I got the spacers on went to tighten up the bolts only using a wheel brace and I notice they start to get loose the more I tighten them  . This is what I was greeted with when i took them out:
I really don't know how that happened all the years of taking wheels on and off its never happened before. Luckily the thread in the hub was fine gave it a clean out. Got on the phone to demon tweeks they eventually offered a full refund so got to send them back  .
So after that I fitted the fronts didn't rub at all then the back one side loads of room the other was pretty close so put on 5mm spacers on the rear for now. Not sure what bolts and spacers to go for next really don't want it happening again.
But I got a rubbish picture of them on the car
I am pleased with how they look just need some spacing on the rear.
Posts: 701
Threads: 59
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
3
Location: Gillingham Kent
Car Model/Spec: 306 D-turbo
Finally got my spacers on ordered another set of bolts they must of been the wrong thread before. Did my fog with main beam mod so easy to do makes a noticeable difference in the lanes. Also got a stage 1+ from jammapic what a difference I love it I would highly recommend him to anyone.
Posts: 1,261
Threads: 61
Joined: Sep 2013
Reputation:
4
Location: Lisburn, Northern Ireland
Car Model/Spec: 306 HDI
id say thats happened cause the bolts are low tensile and just weren't engaging enough. get longer bolts next time and you should be fine
Posts: 701
Threads: 59
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
3
Location: Gillingham Kent
Car Model/Spec: 306 D-turbo
Got some pictures today does need to be a bit lower but I love the comfortable ride.
[attachment=14939]
[attachment=14940]
[attachment=14941]
[attachment=14942]
Posts: 157
Threads: 16
Joined: Mar 2014
Reputation:
0
Location: Nottingham, United Kingdom
Tbh I've those rims on my estate and I didn't get any rubbing, maybe a finger gap but fits well front and back :/
Using Tapatalk
Posts: 701
Threads: 59
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
3
Location: Gillingham Kent
Car Model/Spec: 306 D-turbo
(04-04-2014, 01:17 PM)SupaStar88 Wrote: Tbh I've those rims on my estate and I didn't get any rubbing, maybe a finger gap but fits well front and back :/
Yeah I did have no spacers on the rear and it didn't rub but they sit to far in and look a bit silly. The front hasn't got spacers though and is fine.
Posts: 157
Threads: 16
Joined: Mar 2014
Reputation:
0
Location: Nottingham, United Kingdom
[THUMBS UP SIGN]
Using Tapatalk
Posts: 701
Threads: 59
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
3
Location: Gillingham Kent
Car Model/Spec: 306 D-turbo
Just a small update she's been running really well clocking up the miles now I've got a Sachs Berlingo clutch ready to go in then can start on the stage 2 just been gathering parts needs a good clean ready for pugfest on Sunday but here she is at the moment.
[attachment=17471]
[attachment=17472]
Posts: 30
Threads: 6
Joined: Jun 2014
Looks like my estate only a little cleaner. Same colour and everything
Great job on the alloys - think Ill change mine now as I'm on standards which done do anything for the car...
Posts: 701
Threads: 59
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
3
Location: Gillingham Kent
Car Model/Spec: 306 D-turbo
(11-07-2014, 04:00 PM)clayton306 Wrote: Looks like my estate only a little cleaner. Same colour and everything
Great job on the alloys - think Ill change mine now as I'm on standards which done do anything for the car...
Yeah I try to keep here clean she's usually dirty most of the time. Yeah I love my nimrods really change the car.
Posts: 338
Threads: 12
Joined: Apr 2014
Reputation:
0
Location: Warminster, Wiltshire
Car Model/Spec: '99 306 Meridian Diesel
Looks really nice, wish I'd looked at an estate when I got my 5dr... Good job on the wheels too, really tidy.
Posts: 701
Threads: 59
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
3
Location: Gillingham Kent
Car Model/Spec: 306 D-turbo
So after pugfest had a few days down minehead here's a few pictures I took from exmoor.
|