SRowells Diablo 1.8 - Jenvey 45s & OMEX600

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SRowells Diablo 1.8 - Jenvey 45s & OMEX600
This morning I have been out and bought some gunk, also bought halfords cheapest pressure washer. There werent any more cans of hammered silver hammerite but luckily i checked at the back of smooth and there was the last can of hammered silver lurking at the back. Gearbox has been coated in gunk twice and has been pressure washed.

Before:
[Image: IMG_20140127_100312_zpsmraw587b.jpg]

After:
[Image: IMG-20140127-WA0001_zpsugr1abtm.jpg]

Gearbox is currently drying being sprayed. Not really sure what isnt meant to be painted so the whole thing is getting done! Ive masked off the sensors and taken off a few brackets that will be painted black.
Thanks given by:
(22-01-2014, 11:28 PM)SRowell Wrote: 110hp According to Wikipedia. When mine was standard (with decat) it put out 108hp on a rolling road so I am lead to believe that 110hp is correct. Many people say they put out more as standard. With a gti6 inlet manifold, service, decat and induction kit it managed 123hp. I am hoping that with throttlebodies, standalone management, gti6 exhaust manifold, service and lots of other mods it will be around gti6 territory.

Spose the question is then why not just buy a 6' and mod it then? Would definitely make more sense but fair play for going for it mate
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(27-01-2014, 11:58 AM)rd070707 Wrote:
(22-01-2014, 11:28 PM)SRowell Wrote: 110hp According to Wikipedia. When mine was standard (with decat) it put out 108hp on a rolling road so I am lead to believe that 110hp is correct. Many people say they put out more as standard. With a gti6 inlet manifold, service, decat and induction kit it managed 123hp. I am hoping that with throttlebodies, standalone management, gti6 exhaust manifold, service and lots of other mods it will be around gti6 territory.

Spose the question is then why not just buy a 6' and mod it then? Would definitely make more sense but fair play for going for it mate

So Dixons race car is running 220hp with the XUJP4 engine and a gti6 head etc. With mapping and all the manifolds it should be around gti6 level. Then add the throttle bodies on top of that and it should be good. I already have this car and its fairly mint really and i have had it for years. Just something different to do with what ive got!
Thanks given by:
Yeah fair play, at least you know what you got and know it's been looked after. Plus you are being more adventurous doing it this way so fair play Smile
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Car is cleanish...

[Image: IMG_20140127_124536_zpsayndujyq.jpg]

And gearbox is slowly turning more silver!

[Image: IMG_20140127_124601_zpst3fa9kzz.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20140127_124550_zpshrxygpmx.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Looking good mate. Gonna be clean in that engine bay!!
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
(27-01-2014, 01:31 PM)Grant Wrote: Looking good mate. Gonna be clean in that engine bay!!

Yeh its sad that the engine bay and bottom end aren't going to be clean to match all this. Sad
Thanks given by:
Needed things to do and I knewbi had a gti6 exhaust manifold somewhere at the back of the Peugeot shed.

And I found a gti6 cat too! Shame I want a decat so its not of any use but at least I know its there if I can't find a decat in time!

[Image: IMG_20140127_173213_zpsofapvleg.jpg]

Went through my wheels and had a look at the orguans I've got. They need a return but a quick sand and spray over and they should see them reasonably acceptable as track wheels. They've got decent tyres on them so that should be good.

Don't know what to do about brakes. For track I'll need something better but I can't fit anything bigger than 266mm Bosch calipers under the fondmetals and there are no performance pads for them Sad so it's a choice between gti6 brakes or the wheels. For now im choosing the wheels! Anyone got any thoughts?
Thanks given by:
You can get willwoods that would fit that disc also hi spec, check out they website.

Are you going to get a rich w uprated head gasket whlist its all in bits also rich w flywheel, new clutch?
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(27-01-2014, 07:18 PM)7057sam Wrote: You can get willwoods that would fit that disc also hi spec, check out they website.

Are you going to get a rich w uprated head gasket whlist its all in bits also rich w flywheel, new clutch?

Expensive brakes there though. Brembos would probably be as far as I'd go.

I have already got a new head gasket and I will be having Niall's 4k old clutch when he fits his charged engine.

Got a link to the rich w fly wheel?
Thanks given by:
Theres some brembis for sale with discs and pads on the pug d-turbo owners page 140ono, tom jackson is the bloke selling them Smile

How much for the wheels lol
Vehicle repair and servicing in the midlands pm for details 

Current cars
Subaru Impreza 2.0d - Daily
306 1.8 - track whore soon to be GTI6
Thanks given by:
(27-01-2014, 07:24 PM)SRowell Wrote:
(27-01-2014, 07:18 PM)7057sam Wrote: You can get willwoods that would fit that disc also hi spec, check out they website.

Expensive brakes there though. Brembos would probably be as far as I'd go.

I have already got a new head gasket and I will be having Niall's 4k old clutch when he fits his charged engine.

Got a link to the rich w fly wheel?

ill find you one pretty shure he makes batches of 10 or so at a time although I do have his number if you want it?

What did you think of my brembo's as a passenger? I personally don't think they that much better than standard 6 ones unless you use decent pads.
Thanks given by:
(27-01-2014, 06:25 PM)SRowell Wrote: Needed things to do and I knewbi had a gti6 exhaust manifold somewhere at the back of the Peugeot shed.

And I found a gti6 cat too! Shame I want a decat so its not of any use but at least I know its there if I can't find a decat in time!

I have a '6 decat pipe here. Needs welding as has no flange (giggly) but yours for free Smile

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Sorry; you're using the dished wheels for track?

I'd be inclined to get a second set of wheels full stop on the cheap with decent treads and keep the dishes for road spec..
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
You have some cute dog, i guess the cars ok or whatever Wink
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(27-01-2014, 10:36 PM)ginge191 Wrote: Sorry; you're using the dished wheels for track?

I'd be inclined to get a second set of wheels full stop on the cheap with decent treads and keep the dishes for road spec..

The orguans will be my track wheels as they have new yokohama tyres on them. The problem is that to fit the fondmetals on i can only use 266mm bosch brakes. I am not changing brakes every time i change wheels!
Thanks given by:
Can you not space the fondmetals out enough to clear the bigger callipers?
Thanks given by:
(27-01-2014, 11:58 PM)rocker8742 Wrote: Can you not space the fondmetals out enough to clear the bigger callipers?

Theyre already in line with the arches. I have rolled the arches and they still scrub when the car is on odd angles etc. Could give it a go but its fairly perfect how it is.
Thanks given by:
So I decided to give my bank account another kicking tonight. Just a few last parts that I need before I have everything!

I now have:
  • GTi6 Cambelt Kit
  • 6PK1103 Aux Belt
  • Spark Plugs
  • Oil Filter
  • Fuel Filter
  • GTI6 Clutch Cable
  • Water Pump
  • Camshaft Seals
  • A 5L bottle of Shell HX7 10w40
  • Gasket Sealant
  • Sump plug washers

Still to get are:
  • PAS to AC relocation kit
  • Alloy Air Con Spacers
  • Spare Phase 3 Engine Loom
  • Solid Cam Pulleys
  • Meyle HD Wishbones
  • GTI6 Fly Wheel
  • Lift Reverse Cable
  • Everything from the Baker BM group buy

So yeh. Getting there slowly but surely.
Thanks given by:
Going to be so epic!
[Image: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-00000000014E_zpsprynorkl.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Why don't you de air con it? Less weight=quicker car
Thanks given by:
(29-01-2014, 11:19 PM)7057sam Wrote: Why don't you de air con it? Less weight=quicker car

so... the PAS is being relocated to where the AC pump was. Then the air con rad and pipe work will be removed. I am pretty sure that is de-air conned is it not?
Thanks given by:
Sam, don't fancy an electric pas pump?

This should be an interesting build.. Are you going to have a go at mapping it yourself?
JP
Thanks given by:
(29-01-2014, 11:21 PM)SRowell Wrote:
(29-01-2014, 11:19 PM)7057sam Wrote: Why don't you de air con it? Less weight=quicker car

so... the PAS is being relocated to where the AC pump was. Then the air con rad and pipe work will be removed. I am pretty sure that is de-air conned is it not?

missed read sorry.That definitely sounds de-air conned, Have fun getting the pipes outlol

Won't be too bad if the engine's out at the same time I guess.
Thanks given by:
what do you mean there aren't performance pads for 266 brakes? I'm sure I've found plenty in the past?
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
(29-01-2014, 11:44 PM)jammapic Wrote: Sam, don't fancy an electric pas pump?

This should be an interesting build.. Are you going to have a go at mapping it yourself?

Have you got one from a 106? Pm me. I'll be getting the mapping done by track n road which is only a few miles away from me.

(30-01-2014, 01:07 AM)Kezzieboy Wrote: what do you mean there aren't performance pads for 266 brakes? I'm sure I've found plenty in the past?

Bosch type 3 calipers? I have spent many any evening trying to find pads but all I can find is standard mintex.
Thanks given by:
Alloy aux pulley ordered from Sam Bates.
Reverse Cable ordered from ZXVolcane too!
Thanks given by:
Been busy with the spending Sam! Nice work!

Gonna be epic when we get this built up! Smile

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
(26-01-2014, 11:40 PM)SRowell Wrote: So today I made a start on my gti6 head. Spoke to miles and it has been rebuilt by him at some point. I was told there weren't lifters in the head but after taking it apart it seems there are lifts in there.

Think you didn't read some of my messages Big Grin

That's the head off my engine that blew the gasket. Was rebuilt by miles in the last 10k. You need to swap the 4 tappets on cylinder 4 (cambelt end) for the spares I gave you.
One of those ones were slow to fill with oil and remained noisy for a while before it filled with oil
Thanks given by:
(01-02-2014, 12:59 AM)SRowell Wrote: Alloy aux pulley ordered from Bates.
Reverse Cable ordered from ZXVolcane too!

I'll letl you know about the pulley as carl's mate had first refusal on it but i haven't heard back from him yet.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SRowells Black Rallye Eeyore 736 227,453 22-05-2020, 10:11 AM
Last Post: Mighty306
  SRowells 3D Printed Cup Holders Eeyore 17 5,924 08-01-2017, 07:04 PM
Last Post: Magenta Sunset
  SRowells & Declantgs StanceBoard Project Eeyore 59 13,636 25-06-2012, 10:57 PM
Last Post: Eeyore