Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Replacing a gearbox mount
#1
What do I need?
I've seen a mount, and a bracket? Do I need both to do it?
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
#2
No just the mount! I needed a bracket for mine as its a 1.4!
[Image: Foxy2.jpg]
#3
Matt careful you get the right size. They do two different sizes that look identical!

Other than that, it's easy. Battery box out, jack under the box, undo the 3 bolts and carefully let the jack down a bit then whip the old one off and fit the new one.
Team Eaton


1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
#4
What size should I be looking for? Looking at ecp they list a few for my reg :/
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
#5
Mine was the bigger one so would assume you need the same. Smaller is for the TU engines IIRC
Team Eaton


1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
#6
Okay and I need just the mount yeah? No bracket?
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
#7
Ye as said tu engines have smaller brackets, that's why I had to get a gti bracket!
[Image: Foxy2.jpg]
#8
Just the mount Matt. It just sits on the bracket that's welded to the car
Team Eaton


1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
#9
Ahhh I see, never even seen the mount before so didn't know the. Racket was welded to the car. Hopefully going to pick up some mounts an replace them on Saturday Smile
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
#10
Well let me rephrase that. The bracket SHOULD be welded to the body. Lol

You doing all the mounts?
Team Eaton


1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
#11
Top two at the moment and lower when I have more time/decent trolley jack
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
#12
They aren't welded just bolted on!
[Image: Foxy2.jpg]
#13
Foxy-jim Wrote:They aren't welded just bolted on!
The bracket that it bolts to is welded to the body on the XU.
Team Eaton


1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
#14
It shouldn't be as I unbolted mine from one from a scrappy!
[Image: Foxy2.jpg]
#15
In which case, what holds your battery up? The more superior engine one literally must sits onto the battery box tray which is welded to the car...
Team Eaton


1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
#16
Everything that sits under the battery can be unbolted! Have you changed your gearbox mount?
[Image: Foxy2.jpg]
#17
Foxy-jim Wrote:Everything that sits under the battery can be unbolted! Have you changed your gearbox mount?

Errr yes...that's why I told him how to do it........
Team Eaton


1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
#18
Fair enough. I don't know then. The two bolts were under the mounting plate and not easily visible.
[Image: Foxy2.jpg]
#19
I will confirm that on any 306 that ive looked at the bracket that holds the box mount could be unbolted from the chassis leg and was not welded.
#20
Neil Wrote:The bracket that it bolts to is welded to the body on the XU.
They are on the DT too, Found out the hard way when one of the threads on the Bracket cross threaded & had to drill a new hole in the bracket & mount to secure it ! ...
On the 306 waiting list.


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gearbox Mount Mighty306 5 4,540 10-04-2018, 09:45 AM
Last Post: Mighty306

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)