Carphone Warehouse are complete w*ankers. Advice please?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carphone Warehouse are complete w*ankers. Advice please?
You're welcome mate Smile

Please bear in mind Curt when you use a form like that, there is a chance it will go to a complaints team and not the big cheese himself...

Complete the form and also send the same text via email to all variations of his email address you can think off. It will go to his PA Smile. Have a look on their corporate website for more info OR companies house website, may find his email address Smile

Nice letter Curt but in the last paragraph change it to something like "this was not the customer serviced I expected to receive when purchasing from such a highly regarded brand" and you expect them to admit liability for the damage, you are being reasonable and by providing a product and service that is "for for purpose"

You have to butt kiss and big up his brand a bit, show him you believe the PR hype and they will see you as more of a loyal customer etc..get my drift??
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
It won't go near the top man, that will be dealt with by a complaints team. I'd try the standard escalation route first, then try this if that doesn't work. Never play your ace card first.
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
i've just spoke to the manager for the HTC line. he said to book your phone back into repair and make sure the stores person writes on the paperwork "pass to chan singh upon receipt" in pen. it may take a little while because he told me there is limited stock. when you have done this send me your repair job number and hopefully we can get this sorted for you Smile what coulour is it?
Thanks given by:
Hi mate, I work for EE and see this all the time. Our repair centre, SBE have damaged customers phones in the past, and from a retail point of view there's absolutely nothing we can do. The best solution we have is to call the repair centre direct, explain the situation and the handset does have to be sent back. When it gets sent back the handset gets intervened by a manager which looks at the phone themselves and ensures it comes back to store in perfect condition.

Unfortunately it does have to be sent away agin, but usually if the customer calls up customer services they can get a credit applied to the account for the length of time the phone has been away. Yes it's not ideal, but it works for us.

Hope this helps mate.
Thanks given by:
(27-09-2013, 06:04 AM)THE_Liam Wrote: It won't go near the top man, that will be dealt with by a complaints team. I'd try the standard escalation route first, then try this if that doesn't work. Never play your ace card first.

Well, to be honest I'm just getting sick of arguing on the phone. I've found this from a few sources, which apparently IS his email: dunstoc@cpwplc.com. So, I'm probably going to send that there.

(27-09-2013, 08:13 AM)MattiH Wrote: i've just spoke to the manager for the HTC line. he said to book your phone back into repair and make sure the stores person writes on the paperwork "pass to chan singh upon receipt" in pen. it may take a little while because he told me there is limited stock. when you have done this send me your repair job number and hopefully we can get this sorted for you Smile what coulour is it?

Thanks for that dude, but as said, I'm not sending it away again. They've now agreed to that, just not to giving me the phone I want/should have.

(27-09-2013, 09:17 AM)callumcull Wrote: Hi mate, I work for EE and see this all the time. Our repair centre, SBE have damaged customers phones in the past, and from a retail point of view there's absolutely nothing we can do. The best solution we have is to call the repair centre direct, explain the situation and the handset does have to be sent back. When it gets sent back the handset gets intervened by a manager which looks at the phone themselves and ensures it comes back to store in perfect condition.

Unfortunately it does have to be sent away agin, but usually if the customer calls up customer services they can get a credit applied to the account for the length of time the phone has been away. Yes it's not ideal, but it works for us.

Hope this helps mate.

Hey mate, thanks for your help. I'm actually planning to move to EE next year, so that's not the most comforting thing to hear lol. As already said though, I'm not sending it off again. I don't think I should have to, their f*ck up, they should put it right.

Cheers everyone
Thanks given by:
No probs mate sorry I can't be of more help. The stores are useless tbf. If you do decide to send it in I've asked the person who runs exchanges and she said because of the availability of the one x they would probably upgrade you to a one
Thanks given by:
Curt, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but they will not be able to help you further unless you send it back to them. You're not being charged for resending it in, even though it is inconveniencing you again. In the eyes of the law/consumer advice etc, they're following their process for assessing and replacing damaged items, so are doing everything within reason based on the situation to resolve it. If you refused to allow them to send the phone away, it will weaken your case.

As gay as it is, you need to get it sent to MattiH's contact imo and let them sort it.
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
(27-09-2013, 10:34 AM)Curt Wrote:
(27-09-2013, 06:04 AM)THE_Liam Wrote: It won't go near the top man, that will be dealt with by a complaints team. I'd try the standard escalation route first, then try this if that doesn't work. Never play your ace card first.

Well, to be honest I'm just getting sick of arguing on the phone. I've found this from a few sources, which apparently IS his email: dunstoc@cpwplc.com. So, I'm probably going to send that there.

(27-09-2013, 08:13 AM)MattiH Wrote: i've just spoke to the manager for the HTC line. he said to book your phone back into repair and make sure the stores person writes on the paperwork "pass to chan singh upon receipt" in pen. it may take a little while because he told me there is limited stock. when you have done this send me your repair job number and hopefully we can get this sorted for you Smile what coulour is it?

Thanks for that dude, but as said, I'm not sending it away again. They've now agreed to that, just not to giving me the phone I want/should have.

(27-09-2013, 09:17 AM)callumcull Wrote: Hi mate, I work for EE and see this all the time. Our repair centre, SBE have damaged customers phones in the past, and from a retail point of view there's absolutely nothing we can do. The best solution we have is to call the repair centre direct, explain the situation and the handset does have to be sent back. When it gets sent back the handset gets intervened by a manager which looks at the phone themselves and ensures it comes back to store in perfect condition.

Hope this helps mate.

Hey mate, thanks for your help. I'm actually planning to move to EE next year, so that's not the most comforting thing to hear lol. As already said though, I'm not sending it off again. I don't think I should have to, their f*ck up, they should put it right.

Cheers everyone

Don't worry, it's not a common occurrence. The problem with repairs and handsets being sent away is it lies under the manufacturers warranty, as a network we don't have to help under the terms of the warranty, for all we care we could just tell the customer to go direct to the manufacturer. It's a pain in the ass to do that, so we like many other networks send the handset off for the customer to a company that's licences to do repairs on behalf of, for example HTC. Even if you pay a contract, you pay £xx a month for the services of the network which is to put it plainly, that little plastic sim in your phone.

Your circumstance is a little different, the repair centre damaged your phone. It's the repair centres fault, which you can sometimes get the network to replace as long as like Liam said, you speak to us nicely. We're all human at the end of the day which many customers seem to forget. I don't get payed to cause myself any hassle, we actually want to help people.

But, don't be put of EE, the network is still pretty good. I'm not saying that as an employee, just someone that has had a phone for ages on this network. I don't actually enjoy selling phones, it's more speaking to all walks of life, and there's a lot in this town... Haha

Got a bit carried away, but hope this helps Smile
Thanks given by:
That's good to hear then, I see what you mean Smile. I went into the store in Chichester a while back with my partner to get her upgrade. I was pretty impressed by their set-up, the fact that they were more laid back and that they didn't try and push anything upon her. That, the service I have received at Carphone Warehouse and EE's 4G have definitely sold me on it.

Anyway, I sent the e-mail around 3 hours ago and I have just had a response:

Charles Dunstone Wrote:Dear Mr Footman

Many thanks for your email, I am extremely sorry to hear of the problems you are experiencing and concerned that you have had to contact me in search of resolution.

I have got someone investigating what has gone wrong and we will be back in touch with you shortly.

In the meantime, please accept my sincere apologies.

Regards

Charles Dunstone

So, hopefully I'll get somewhere after all.
Thanks given by:
Booyah, go Curt; bezzies with the Emm-Dee Y0h!
Thanks given by:
(27-09-2013, 02:23 PM)Curt Wrote: That's good to hear then, I see what you mean Smile. I went into the store in Chichester a while back with my partner to get her upgrade. I was pretty impressed by their set-up, the fact that they were more laid back and that they didn't try and push anything upon her. That, the service I have received at Carphone Warehouse and EE's 4G have definitely sold me on it.

Anyway, I sent the e-mail around 3 hours ago and I have just had a response:

Charles Dunstone Wrote:Dear Mr Footman

Many thanks for your email, I am extremely sorry to hear of the problems you are experiencing and concerned that you have had to contact me in search of resolution.

I have got someone investigating what has gone wrong and we will be back in touch with you shortly.

In the meantime, please accept my sincere apologies.

Regards

Charles Dunstone

So, hopefully I'll get somewhere after all.

As i said before curt this a complaints team but an escalated one and they have more power than normal employees because they are signing on behalf of the MD - won't let any ameba work on his behalf Wink

Keep us informed, I will also ask my MD's PA for advice Smile
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
Quote:Dear Mr Footman,

Having investigated your complaint, I can confirm I will be raising an in store voucher for the amount of £469.95.

This will allow you to purchase a handset of your choosing.

This voucher can be used in any Carphone Warehouse store and will be added directly to your sales account.

Please be advised you must return your current handset upon visiting the Carphone Warehouse store, to purchase your
new handset

Please can you let me know if you would like to accept this resolution.

Kind regards

Matthew Hume
CEO Team
The Carphone Warehouse

Sorted.
Thanks given by:
Excellent result!
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Sweet, new phone Big Grin
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
What a Cracking result!!
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Good result there mate, nice one. Happy birthday eh hahah!
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
That's epic!! Nice one Tongue What you gonna buy?
Thanks given by:
Yeah, I'm pretty chuffed Big Grin

Thanks given by:
I wouldn't go with EE in the future. i've been with them for a while now (not that I wanted to they took over from orange)

and the signal is dreadful nearly everywhere I go don't even get any signal in my house know quite alot of people with signal issues with them (its not the handset my old phone did it to)

just a quick example.. pure shite

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00zkz1k...ee-network
00' 106 Indy - Moonstone - Sold
97' 106 XT 1.6 - Mayerling Green - Swapped
95' 306 P1 DT - Onyx - Scrapped
97' 306 P2 DT - Silver - Scrapped
97' 306 P2 DT - Onyx - SORN awaiting scrap
Thanks given by:
Good choice on the One Smile
Thanks given by:
(01-10-2013, 02:47 PM)adamm306 Wrote: I wouldn't go with EE in the future. i've been with them for a while now (not that I wanted to they took over from orange)

and the signal is dreadful nearly everywhere I go don't even get any signal in my house know quite alot of people with signal issues with them (its not the handset my old phone did it to)

just a quick example.. pure shite

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00zkz1k...ee-network

This is the problem - everyone seems to say the same thing. I don't have any signal issues with O2, but I have dreadful 3G service. Unusable, most of the time.

I won't be staying with Carphone and want to get better service, maybe I'll try Vodaphone. My partner is with EE and is happy with them, the 4G impressed me, which was one of my reasons.

I'll have to see when the time comes, it just seems that you can't win.

(01-10-2013, 02:49 PM)Midnightclub Wrote: Good choice on the One Smile

Yeah I'm pleased Smile. Only thing at the moment is the wake button being on the opposite side lol love the construction though, it's a work of art really.
Thanks given by:
I still can't get used to the volume controls being upside down lol (compared to my old HTC)

Yeah it's a decent piece of engineering indeed! My vote would be for 3 tbh, I just recently transfered from EE to 3.. once there 4G network is fully setup existing customers are automatically upgraded for free.. unlimited 4G here i come!
Thanks given by:
Nice one Curt! Glad to see you got an epic result.

Sim-free too. Nice Big Grin

I love the HTC one, but i'd want to be lame and get a google edition one. However, i still really like my One X and have no plans to change currently.
Team - Inappropriate Footwear. Member 1 of 3.

1. Fooby's Car
2. Fooby's Hire Car(s)
3. Fooby's Company Pool Car

Team Self Improvement
1. Learn to Car
Thanks given by:
[Image: ov2sq.jpg]
Thanks given by:
It's just a HTC One with stock android instead of sense 5 added
Thanks given by:
Vodaphone are shit hot if you don't mind paying over the odds. Feel your pain with o2, think i've seen this phone flash up with 3g twice in the 18 months ive had it lol.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
o2 are shite! We use them for our work mobiles and i have no signal at all for massive stretches of major motorways. Like for instance i cant get a signal at all on my work phone between clacket lane services and J9 on the m25!

I also dont see why everyone is saying the HTC One build is a work of art. Its nice but im not that impressed with how mine is made. Uneven joins, button recesses vary.... though its substantially better than my old girls Samsung! lol
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I got my Sony xperia z1 and a yet its faultless
Stunning 20.7 MP camera :-) and waterproof. HTC one is a good phone though! Really dont like the sense Ui but if . Had a problem with it . Would either root it or use Nova launcher to get stock android on it
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Good effort Curt!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
I've had HTCs fo years and there was very little chance of me changing. I much prefer the UI over Touchwiz, which I can't stand. I did consider the Sony, but they wanted more and I don't need a camera as that's what my camera is for lol.

I don't know what the best option is network wise. Like I say, I've never had signal issues with O2, just shit mobile internet.

(01-10-2013, 05:47 PM)Niall Wrote: I also dont see why everyone is saying the HTC One build is a work of art. Its nice but im not that impressed with how mine is made. Uneven joins, button recesses vary.... though its substantially better than my old girls Samsung! lol

Well I don't know what yours is like Niall lol, but mine is. Maybe I should add IMO, but mine is spot on, looks and feels really good.

Cheers guys, glad I got somewhere in the end Smile
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Carphone warehouse TY-HDI 7 2,635 22-02-2013, 10:29 AM
Last Post: Rich306
  Citroen Warehouse Ben Jay 15 5,480 01-08-2012, 11:35 PM
Last Post: 4WayDiablo