Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Brake pipe nuts.....
#1
Anyone know the size off hand, I seem to remember they are 10mm but a friend has said they are 3/8 unf....

If not ill whip one off.

Thanks

Jamie
#2
They are 11mm...
#3
(16-09-2013, 01:50 PM)Toms306 Wrote: They are 11mm...

Apologies, I mean the thread size ....

Jamie
#4
Most are m10x1

You will find a couple of m12 though on things like the compensator
#5
(16-09-2013, 02:01 PM)swampy Wrote: Most are m10x1

You will find a couple of m12 though on things like the compensator

Just had a quick look and my M10 die won't go on and M12 seems way too big... My pipe that runs from rear compensator / flexi to the rear calliper has seized and snapped on removal, trying to order some ends and it seems everywhere says they are M10 but as I say the die won't go near it???????
#6
M10 x 1mm, not M10 standard (which is 1.5mm).

Put an M10 die down it and you'll ruin the thread.
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
#7
Yeah I know, but was just seeing if I could catch the thread to see if it was M10 fine of not..... I'll have to take a gamble and order them in M10, thanks for that

Jamie
#8
Can 100% guarantee that the m10 unions are as said m10x1 its the industry standard these days for most cars
#9
(16-09-2013, 03:18 PM)swampy Wrote: Can 100% guarantee that the m10 unions are as said m10x1 its the industry standard these days for most cars

Thanks very much, I've just ordered some!!!!

Jamie


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Brake pipe failure Mighty306 3 4,364 15-08-2020, 03:27 PM
Last Post: ekjdm14
  Do I buy? rear brake pipe corroded, covered in grease or other material pipes Charlie0 3 13,038 18-04-2019, 10:14 AM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Plastic brake pipe clips Mighty306 3 4,032 12-04-2018, 01:25 PM
Last Post: Mighty306

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)