best place to buy threaded bar

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
best place to buy threaded bar
Where's the best place to get some threaded bar. Need it for tomorrow so has to be in store.

Cheers
Thanks given by:
bums and queers

the c*nts.
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Shop.....
when in doubt...... flat out.
Thanks given by:
Do bnq do it? I've just checked their website and couldn't find any hardened steel.

Mind you, I didn't look hard or long... (Inb4giggidy)
Thanks given by:
Buy a bolt and cut the head off?

Don't know if that would work for your purpose
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
No, its for a stus and but conversion
Thanks given by:
check out your local fastners - they'll have all sorts of threaded bar, bolts, nuts ..etc

they might sell you bits n bobs for tea/biscuit money too as they normally deal in large quanitites

on a trading estate near you
Thanks given by:
Bnq do threaded bar but only in normal sizes no fine pitch's
Thanks given by:
(14-08-2013, 11:20 PM)Just Sean Wrote: No, its for a stus and but conversion

Presume you mean stud and nut?
In which case isn't cutting down thread bar dodgy as? You can bend that stuff with your hands? You need fancy heat treated strengthened stuff? ARP headbolt kinda style fasteners?
Thanks given by:
Both B+Q and Homebase sell it. As do screwfix and the like.

If your looking to make wheel studs though buy actual wheel studs. IIRC the DIY store stuff is 8.8 hardness and studs should be 12.9+. I wouldn't scrimp on the stuff that holds your wheels on especially if your planning on tracking it.
Thanks given by:
Maannn I wouldn't ever consider using off the shelf bar for a stud conversion.

Super dooper high tensile as a minimum, but if your're just using a straight bar, what's to stop it carrying on through the hub when you tighten the nut up?

http://www.larkspeed.com/index.pl?p=361SS24&a=i - 99p each. Don't be such a cheapskate.
Matt-Rallye Wrote:Norledge for prime minister.
Poodle Wrote:I reckon Norledge has got it on the head mind.
Matt-Rallye Wrote:Norledge gets my vote tbh.
Thanks given by:
Normal threaded bar isn't even 8.8, it's 5.4, soft as shit. You need at leat 10.9 grade hardened stuff, which you generally won't get off the shelf, shop4fastners or similar are the best place, or if you have a proper local fasteener supplies they might be able to order you some in for the next day.
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
Just to sum up Sean, both me and Stu telling you something is pikey as f*ck and a bad idea should really ring alarm bells in your head
Thanks given by:
(15-08-2013, 11:54 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Just to sum up Sean, both me and Stu telling you something is pikey as f*ck and a bad idea should really ring alarm bells in your head

This. Wheel bolts are 12.9 rated for a reason. I wouldnt even consider using anything i wasnt 100% sure was 12.9. just asking for trouble.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Most are 10.9 but yeah.

As said last night, B&Q threaded bar is a BAD idea.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
I've found some 10.9 grade from a bolt n but type shop.

Hes after £9 pm. And he can cut it to size for me.

Grant had a guest at 100mm and I've measured and it seems about right. What do others think?
Thanks given by:
So your paying £9pm and you'll need 2m which is £18. Actual proper wheel studs are only about £1 each from speed shack (thatll be £16 then)

JUST BUY PROPER F*CKING STUDS YOU F*CKING INBRED MONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To measure the length of stud you'll need you need to go about 8 turns into the wheel and the same again into the nut. this is 10mm for each. You then need to add the thickness of the brake disc, the thickness of any spacer your gonna use and the thickness of the wheel (use the old bolt to measure) Add it all together and you'll have an accurate length.
Thanks given by:
(15-08-2013, 04:08 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: JUST BUY PROPER F*CKING STUDS YOU F*CKING INBRED MONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What he said (Have some Reps). Plus proper studs has a swelling after 10-15mm of thread to stop it just treading through the hub...(
Matt-Rallye Wrote:Norledge for prime minister.
Poodle Wrote:I reckon Norledge has got it on the head mind.
Matt-Rallye Wrote:Norledge gets my vote tbh.
Thanks given by:
This is the most retarded thing i have ever read.
Thanks given by:
Flol.
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
(15-08-2013, 04:21 PM)Ollie Wrote: This is the most retarded thing i have ever read.

So true. OP is a pikey. Hope I'm not the one driving past him as his wheel falls off...
Thanks given by:
Haha! Halfords are theiving lady gardens
Thanks given by:
(15-08-2013, 05:00 PM)Just Sean Wrote: Haha! Halfords are theiving lady gardens
Yes, they are, but whats that got to do with this thread?
Thanks given by:
Oh dear...all I can say Smile
[Image: untitled_zps1adc0365.png]
138 BHP XSI
(21:20:51) Just_Sean: i had a pokey bum wank in the bath once and i shit you not, i burped a bubble
Thanks given by:
Jesus christ Sean what the actual?

GTFO and don't come back until you've bought some proper hardened steel studs and some threadlock.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
You will struggle getting 10.9 or 12.9 rating long bar for this job.

Try your local nut and bolt place, use yellow pages etc.

Oh and OE bolts are 10.9 as standard, although for hard driving ie track driving stc I would not use anything less than 12.9.
Thanks given by: