GTi-6 - ITBs & CAMMED Track Car.. LATEST VIDEO

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GTi-6 - ITBs & CAMMED Track Car.. LATEST VIDEO
Isn't that a Siemens jobby?
JP
Thanks given by:
not a scooby mate, ill talk to you about it next weekend at camping.
Thanks given by:
Only just caught up with this; top effort on reconditioning the engine and such, and glad to know it/something is ready for the summer track days!

Any news on charging at all? I read back a few pages and just saw people criticising every little comment you post /yawn, know how you feel.

Stick at it! ThumbsUp
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
(12-04-2013, 03:52 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: not a scooby mate, ill talk to you about it next weekend at camping.

XSis are Motronic - any reputable mapper will be able to sort it for you - Motronic is pretty widely known.

1.8 XSs are Siemens.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Good videos mate, I've only been to curborough once when I was quite young on a test day, what's the cost like there?
Now only a has been!!

www.autorite-sport.co.uk
Thanks given by:
£45 for a full day when I went
JP
Thanks given by:
Landrover ftw.
Thanks given by:
I thought that made a great picture, so photoshopped it a bit. :-)

[Image: BLURDSCF8709_zps9830c074.jpg]
JP
Thanks given by:
Get a winch on there!!
Thanks given by:
Saw this at Ricky P's today, looks nice.
What cage is it?
Thanks given by:
Home made :-)
JP
Thanks given by:
Did you have a quiaffe atb lsd? How did you find it?
Thanks given by:
Ahh right lol
I liked how it was sitting Smile
Thanks given by:
I do have a quaife yes. It's alright - worth every penny for sure, but I wish I'd gone for a gripper or Tran-X diff in hindsight.

Cheers Luke. It was a bit low before, so had the thicker torsion bars put in and ride height all set how I want it. The drive home was fun! Smile

I take it yours is a white Rallye?

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
Yes mate mines the white Rallye, having a lot of work done, including 23.5mm torsion bars Smile
Thanks given by:
You'll love the torsion bars! I was amazed what a difference they've made.

Make sure you get some serious shocks for the back though, a lot of people struggle to control them even with uprated shocks.

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
JP, why?
Thanks given by:
Not enough lockup in the Quaife for track use really. It's good on the bends though.
JP
Thanks given by:
Awsome project so far james, hope to see it in person I the comming months.

Does the lsd only engage on full throttle I used to have a accord type r and only locked on full throttle which is scaring as f*ck as throwing into bends just hoping the lsd is going to kick in on your died lol
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
No, it's a torque biasing diff, so as the wheel starts to spin, torque is fed away to the other wheel. Works well, but the problem is that it never fully locks up - so if one wheel is on ice say and spinning madly, you get twice the torque biased to the other wheel... problem is, if it's got no grip at all (like the ice example) 2 x 0 is still 0!!!

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
A couple of mods:

Firstly, new torsion bars. 23.5mm jobbies from a group buy a while back, and reset with more ride height as it was too low before:

[Image: IMG-20130515-00281_zps7a93828b.jpg]

I fitted it ages ago but never wrote on here, oil cooler is on:

[Image: DSCF8714_zpsc0d539f7.jpg]

and finally, stripped some wiring and stuff out of the inside to lose a little more weight.
JP
Thanks given by:
Loving the gti dude, what oil cooler is it? And what cams are you running if you are?
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Just a mocal jobby, 16 row with race take off plate (enlarged bypass and 90*c thermostat).

Catcams fast road at the mo, but soon to be ditched as I've picked up a charger from a Merc AMG Kompressor.
JP
Thanks given by:
Ahhh cool, thought you were turboing it?
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
That was the plan, but when a big old roots 'charger was given to me I couldn't say no.

I've already started building the high boost motor anyway, how it gets boost - doesn't really matter!

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
Sound epic mate, im fitting my mocal cooler next Thursday.they fairly simple to fit.

Definitely give me the heads up when u full turbo and I'll have the cams and pocket pistons off you Smile
Thanks given by:
It's getting a whole new engine built for it, so this engine will be for sale. No pockets required as it had never had a headgasket so there was plenty of clearance to get them cams in without.

Also, custom mapped with 8krpm rev limit, timing, fuelling altered etc etc.

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
Would you consider spliting the cams and ecu and doing a deal and I'll give you my cams and ecu.
Thanks given by:
Only 8K? Tongue
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
How much?
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by: