wheel paint

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
wheel paint
Right yesterday I kurbed one of my turinis on a rock that my neighbour insists on having on the edge of the road outside his house. Pretty gutted seeing as they were mint. Ive been in touch with Speedline and whilst they can't supply me with paint or a touch up pen, they have given me the paint code. Now my problem is finidjng someone to mix it into a touchup pen. Anyone got any ideas? Code is 226.618 (PPG)

Cheers Smile
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
PPG is the manufacturer of the paint iirc and the 226.618 will be the actual code for that paint manufacturer...
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Ah cool I didnt actually know what ppg meant lol.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
If you go on their website, download/run the APP they've got and you can basically download their catalogue of all colours etc..

Guessing most paint mixing places will do it, if not then there's a place in weston that i believe do post stuff and they could mix that up no problem
Thanks given by:
Yeah I've phoned several places today and have been told by all of them that they can't mix it as they can't get the recipe. Have left a few messages but most of the places I've contacted can't mix it Into a can or pen. They want to do the work them selves.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
PM'd mate
Thanks given by:
No luck Sad
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
There's a place in Portsmouth I use to mix my paint.
paint

See if they can help? They can also match very well
I Black mask Crystal headlights, check out my Thread
Black mask Service
Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
crayons not good enough for the wee Lad?
Thanks given by:
You sure PPG isn't parts per gallon?
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(07-05-2013, 06:03 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: You sure PPG isn't parts per gallon?

Nope ive spoken to several places today who have all confirmed that its the manufacturer.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
I think it stands for parts per gallon personally.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Just get some nail varnish that look similar job done. That was how my over half sorted my wheel when the kerb jumped at it.
[Image: 306oc_zpsf2d249a4.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Carnt help you with the paint code but I can lend you a very large sledge hammer to smash the feckin rock.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(07-05-2013, 08:34 PM)kingy Wrote: Carnt help you with the paint code but I can lend you a very large sledge hammer to smash the feckin rock.

Dont need it smashing. They are mysteriously going to go missing tonight and by the morning, the dog will be pissing on a nice small rock garden in my back garden.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Haha. That should teach that nasty rock to jump out on innocent alloys.

Personally id smash the fecker.

Time for a refurb I think mate.
Thanks given by:
Dont want to refurb them. That is the only mark on them and the logo is printed on the rims so i would loose that. Its not deep at all. In fact i havent tried yet incase it does need painting but i think a bit of polish will make it much smaller but will need some paint.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
get it done professionally and bill your neighbor, he wont be long moving the rock.
Pretty sure its illegal to have rocks stones etc out on edge of road, needs to be a minimum setback to the boundary line.
At least thats the way it is here and our law is photocopied from ye for the most part
Thanks given by:
(07-05-2013, 08:56 PM)sweeney1987 Wrote: get it done professionally and bill your neighbor, he wont be long moving the rock.
Pretty sure its illegal to have rocks stones etc out on edge of road, needs to be a minimum setback to the boundary line.
At least thats the way it is here and our law is photocopied from ye for the most part

It was my fault. The rock didnt move. I did. But several people have done their wheels on them because of where they are. And its a private road so no one is really going to enforce boundary rules. Were all quite close as neighbours down here but hes just f*cking mental and does these stupid things. He insists on smashing the hedge outside to pieces when driving past the Kia because he has to give it at least half a metre space otherwise he will hit it lol.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
The sound of crunching a alloy is deffo in my top 5 worse noises.
Thanks given by:
my penis definitely took refuge inside its self in fear of what the noise could of been. Shame my brain and penis dont talk otherwise it would of known it was the noise of an expensive bit of metal being destroyed by a ninja rock waiting to pounce and destroy peoples souls who try and have nice things.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
I share that pain Niall, i'm now going to have to sort out one of my cyclones, the guy taking the tyres off of one of them yesterday gauged out part of the rim.

I think i terrified the guy when i saw what had happened. I think Samass didn't know what i would do lol.
Black mask Service
Thanks given by:
(07-05-2013, 06:07 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: I think it stands for parts per gallon personally.

Nope

http://www.ppg.com/en/Pages/home.aspx

one of the best know brands in the paintworld, + they do a lot more!
[Image: DSC_5848Custom_zps75885397.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I'm with Kingy, smash it. Then go round and complain to him about the tiny scratch on your alloy. Wink
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Did you check out the link i gave Niall??
Black mask Service
Thanks given by:
Get yourself to a branch of "brown brothers" if you can, they use a spectrum/camera style device to take a "picture" on the item in question, usually a bonnet or petrol flap etc, they then load this to their system where it finds as close to an exact match as possible. I found out that they make 19 different variants of blaze.

Can you send me a decent square on picture of one of the wheels and another of the damage? I'll see what touch ups I've got and how bad it is
Now only a has been!!

www.autorite-sport.co.uk
Thanks given by:
(10-05-2013, 09:50 PM)Tallguy_2 Wrote: Get yourself to a branch of "brown brothers" if you can, they use a spectrum/camera style device to take a "picture" on the item in question, usually a bonnet or petrol flap etc, they then load this to their system where it finds as close to an exact match as possible. I found out that they make 19 different variants of blaze.

Can you send me a decent square on picture of one of the wheels and another of the damage? I'll see what touch ups I've got and how bad it is

Cheers mate Smile

Heres the damage

[Image: attachment.php?aid=6887]
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Aaawwwwhhh

Ford graphite, if you find a close touch up just keep layering it so its proud and then t-cut it right back

I'll try the ppg guy on Monday
Now only a has been!!

www.autorite-sport.co.uk
Thanks given by: