Ground LDA pin?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ground LDA pin?
Afternoon all,

Was just wondering if anyone on here can (or knows someone who can) supply a ground LDA pin in exchange for monetary and biscuity compensation?

The car's in daily use, so ideally looking for a reconditioned or new pin.

Or if anyone is happy to, I could drive to their home and we can do it then and there.

Cheers.
Captain Standard

Thanks given by:
Talk to Dan! he made mine and did a great job.
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
I dont think theres a compnay that make ground ones, there may some dude that does it in his shed somewhere in the country.. Everyone usually grounds there own, you could do it yourself Smile

And view dans guide hes got specs for a ground pin all drew up Smile
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
jp does them too
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:
ditto - be looking to find someone who can help me out - i could possible obtain a used pin to be grounded...
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Have been able to sort something out with Dan! Smile

Cheers for the advice guys.
Captain Standard

Thanks given by:
8-)
Thanks given by:
Don't grind them... lazer cut them! ;-)
JP
Thanks given by:
Anything more that 6mm depth from guide wall is pointless, pin does not come out further than that.
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Dave Wrote:Anything more that 6mm depth from guide wall is pointless, pin does not come out further than that.

Was talking to JP about this a while ago. Iv got some measurements drawn up somewhere (il scan them in and put them in here later) and I worked out 5.8mm was the perfect depth, JUST before the limit so it shouldnt mash the pump > LDA seal Smile

Also James, why?! Can get great results grinding them and lazer cutters are quite expensive...... :think:
Thanks given by:
There isnt much gains to be had from grinding it, more travel can be gained by adding material to the bottom, but looking at your pic, it would look like you have....
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Youv lost me Darren, which pic?
Thanks given by:
Hm dosnt seem to be in this thread, I swear I saw a lda grind thread yesterday with a picture in it?

What i mean is the pin doesn't come out a huge amount more than stock pins allows anyway (well it does with internal modifications, but not as stock...) but you can make lots more travel by adding material to the bottom of the pin (welding / grinding back)... And the pic I saw looked as if it had had that done, but I might be wrong as only looked breifly...
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
Oh yeah, that'l be in the thread I made. The pin I had ground in that I had ground from the shallower side, meaning the stock part of the pin which is closest to the outer edge (min travel) was left virtually untouched and I just ground the top part in to about 5.8mm.

Il get my drawings scanned in in a minute, might help explain what im blabbing on about lol
Thanks given by:
If im grinding a stock pin, that's the way I do them Dan.
JP
Thanks given by:
I know what you mean, that is the most effective way of using a stock pin without getting the welder out Smile
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
[Image: LDAgrindingdimensions.jpg]

'Standard 1' is the stock position with the least 'range' (less angled).

'Standard 2' is the rotated position with the most 'range' (more angled).

The darker slightly red line is the best way to grind a stock pin for a stock pump (ground into 'Standard 1')

Dimensions:

'a' (Standard 1 max travel) - 2.41 mm
'b' (Standard 2 max travel)- 4.06 mm
'c' (Ground max travel) - 5.80 mm

'd' (Standard 1 and Ground min travel) - 0.40 mm
'e' (Standard 2 min travel) - 1.81 mm

And by using them figures you can calculate the 'range' (difference between min and max points) for each position.

Standard 1 has a range of 2.01mm (From 0.40mm to 2.41mm)
Standard 2 has a range of 2.25mm (From 1.81mm to 4.06mm)
Ground has a range of 5.4mm (From 0.40mm to 5.80mm)

So rotating a standard pin from Std 1 to Std 2 (which alot of people do) WILL give more fuel over the whole range, but will not really increase the range at all, only by 0.24mm. Grinding Std 1 to Ground will increase the range to 5.4mm (Which is 3.41mm more than Std 2).

Kapeesh?

(Darren/James, I appreciate you probably completely understand this, its more to help other people understand Smile )
Thanks given by:
Jp did my LDA pin top job Smile
[Image: mintsig.jpg]
STAGE2 XUD DEAD ATM ENGINE REBUILD
GARRET T2-BOSCH PUMP-GROUNDED LDA PIN-GOV MOD-FMIC-STRAIT THRU STAINLESS EXHAUST SYSTEM
COMING SOON TD04 Big Grin
Thanks given by:
That's exactly how I do all my stock ground pins Dan. Good diagram!

JP
JP
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ground lda advice. Jimbo 5 1,842 26-03-2013, 12:25 PM
Last Post: Dave