ANOTHER noob thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ANOTHER noob thread
Hello everyone, I'm Daryl and I'm 18

I bought my first car yesterday, a 306 for £495. Only problems is a dent in the drivers wing and a shagged rear bumper, otherwise she's mint, no rust at all.

[Image: 2i92o7r.jpg]

Plans? Well, because of the insurance nothing performance wise. I'm yet to decide on which alloys to get yet. I'm considering lowering it but really I dont want a chav-wagon so lexus lights and ridiculous body kits are out. I'm going to sort out the damage and just add some small touches in the next weeks so watch this space.
Thanks given by:
For £495 that looks pretty tidy, and phase 3 - win! Welcome along
Thanks given by:
(20-03-2013, 07:24 PM)Darylc Wrote: I dont want a chav-wagon so lexus lights and ridiculous body kits are out.
You're going to fit in fine, welcome along lol
Thanks given by:
welcome....to the lexus light free club!

looks smart...get some nice clones on it and drop it a bit...look sweet
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the comments, glad to see I'm not the only one who hates thoise tacky lights. Quite a few people I've spoken to have suggested cyclones and the do look smart but keeping my options open
Thanks given by:
Welcome along dude were you from?

I miss my 5 door Sad cyclones 60mm drop and when insurence allows drop a 6 lump in to it best time of my life watching peoples faces Big Grin
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(20-03-2013, 08:44 PM)sam Wrote: Welcome along dude were you from?

I miss my 5 door Sad cyclones 60mm drop and when insurence allows drop a 6 lump in to it best time of my life watching peoples faces Big Grin

Living in Lincoln at the moment but that's only while I wait to start my phase 2 training at portsmouth then who knows.

Sounds like a sweet plan, so far I'm looking at cyclones or those cosworth style mondeo alloys but she's definately getting lowered and she WILL be getting faster
Thanks given by:
Welcome along mate, car looks in pretty good shape. What engine is it?

Definately get it lowered, but my personal opinion on cyclones is they are a bit overdone. Maybe try something a bit different. For instance, i've got a set of Arianes to put on in the summer, same size as clones, but just a bit different. Ultimately, i'd still love a set of challengers/vortex, but even they are getting a bit too "common" now. lol

Theres still plenty you can do without having to affect insurance too much, maybe debadge, dewiper, and a few subtle touches of colour in the right places, then when your insurance drops enough, you can start work on the engine, or drop a better engine in. Big Grin
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(20-03-2013, 09:32 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: ...For instance, i've got a set of Arianes to put on in the summer, same size as clones, but just a bit different.

[Image: cm-42365-250e3c59de75a4.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Thats a fair point actually....i had it in my head that clones are 16's.....but they're kinda not are they. Doh lmao
Thanks given by:
(20-03-2013, 09:32 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: Welcome along mate, car looks in pretty good shape. What engine is it?

Definately get it lowered, but my personal opinion on cyclones is they are a bit overdone. Maybe try something a bit different. For instance, i've got a set of Arianes to put on in the summer, same size as clones, but just a bit different. Ultimately, i'd still love a set of challengers/vortex, but even they are getting a bit too "common" now. lol

Theres still plenty you can do without having to affect insurance too much, maybe debadge, dewiper, and a few subtle touches of colour in the right places, then when your insurance drops enough, you can start work on the engine, or drop a better engine in. Big Grin

It's a 1.4 petrol

I like the idea of doing something different but it would have to look right, not being different for different's sake if that makes sense? I'd hate to look back in 10 years and think "what a tit" Huh

Edit to add: Not keen on de-badging, not the front anyway may take the model and spec badges off.
Thanks given by:
Welcome. Looks like you got a bargain.
Thanks given by:
Welcome along pal
[Image: IMAG0356-1.gif]
Thanks given by:
Welcome to the fold
Thanks given by:
Well this is what mine will look like once its lowered (coming very soon Big Grin) and with the white Arianes on:

[Image: 644153_4324551706271_1541516576_n.jpg]

Food for thought for you there. Wink
Thanks given by:
Those wheels look sweet there mate, not too sure if white wheels would suit mine but they do look the nuts
Thanks given by:
White wheels do look good on Platinum. Look at MrsMidnights HDI mate..

http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-3834.html

Welcome btw.
Thanks given by:
welcome to site being on a day and allready got loadz of info on what i needed Smile
Thanks given by:
those wheels would look 100 times better on yours than on that red car! lol
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Welcome, I've got a 1.4 myself, decent enough wee engine, not the quickest but she's been reliable thus far. Starts every time.
Thanks given by:
Having a change of heart after seing those pics, certainly growing on me
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  noob here jetfire1383 3 985 21-12-2015, 01:47 AM
Last Post: 7057sam
Smile I'm not a noob yet. cheapo 28 6,025 16-09-2015, 06:26 PM
Last Post: Redordead89
  Noob with a 306 turbomad 3 1,249 09-07-2014, 11:35 PM
Last Post: turbomad