Dave's Euro-ish moonstone, return of the banded steels.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dave's Euro-ish moonstone, return of the banded steels.
Are you stripping the air con out? You've pretty much got it covered but depending on how your routing you might need a grinder to cut pipes to size. And a bracket for the cooler.

You might need a junior hacksaw for the stock Turbo pipe too, I had to chop
mine out. Are you fitting it by yourself? Where you based?

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
(21-02-2013, 11:56 PM)Arron Wrote: Are you stripping the air con out? You've pretty much got it covered but depending on how your routing you might need a grinder to cut pipes to size. And a bracket for the cooler.

You might need a junior hacksaw for the stock Turbo pipe too, I had to chop
mine out. Are you fitting it by yourself? Where you based?

Ah bracket for the cooler, knew there was something else! I've got a mate fitting it for me, at Dervpower's (Chris) unit so tools won't be an issue. I'm based in Wigan mate (although I'm moving to the darkside soon...Yorkshire). Oh and I forgot to say, thanks for the photos of your set up, appreciate it!
[Image: sig-3.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Its fine mate... was gonna say if you needed a hand id of popped over. Really which part of Yorkshire??

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
(22-02-2013, 12:13 AM)Arron Wrote: Its fine mate... was gonna say if you needed a hand id of popped over. Really which part of Yorkshire??

Todmorden. I know you might say its on the border, but as a Lancashire lad I can tell you that the accent tells me it's Yorkshire Wink

Thanks mate, appreciate that! I'm about as practically minded as a sponge haha.
Thanks given by:
Really coming on with that setup now mate!
Ive kinda stopped buying bits now, need to decide on my routing before I go any further.

Car is looking very well, although it is very very similar to mine bar the wheels.
Stickers in the rear window, graphite badge, black masks (although mine are already on!) Smoothing (mine is 90% there just need the bonnet painting) 1/2 leathers lol need to do something different to mine soon!!
[Image: A1A3B2B1-9269-463A-9F21-2ABF4CE9BEAC-165...A3B3F7.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(22-02-2013, 12:32 AM)Oil-burner Wrote: Really coming on with that setup now mate!
Ive kinda stopped buying bits now, need to decide on my routing before I go any further.

Car is looking very well, although it is very very similar to mine bar the wheels.
Stickers in the rear window, graphite badge, black masks (although mine are already on!) Smoothing (mine is 90% there just need the bonnet painting) 1/2 leathers lol need to do something different to mine soon!!

Thanks mate, yours looks well too. I want to do something different with mine, I just don't know what! I keep thinking about saving for something German, so now I'm making a real effort to make this something I want to keep. Saving for a wedding means funds are limited (for the wedding that is haha), and I can't justify changing cars, so need to work with this! It needs to go a bit off the usual path, I just can't decide how! Although cspellowe's meat wagon has given me naughty ideas of spraying it matt, I know I wouldn't be happy with it. I've thought about morettes but I just don't think look right in moonstone! Needs something that sets it apart, rather than just wide wheels and being sat on its arse!
Thanks given by:
Same with me mate, just dont know where to go with it atm, loads of moonstones about atm all looking very similar.

Ive got the odd little touch like yellow fogs and red towing eye and obviously my sticker bombed rear window (mine is on drivers side tho) and my aidels which im the only one with them atm but other than that.

Thats the thing with these cars now, everything that looks good has been done before so its kinda hard to stand out.

If you do decide to go with some crazy matt paint, swap me drivers doors before yiu do it! Lol
[Image: A1A3B2B1-9269-463A-9F21-2ABF4CE9BEAC-165...A3B3F7.jpg]
Thanks given by:
The fmic fitting has been delayed for now. But gives me chance to get a few more bits. Already got a smooth grill on the way from ozonehostile, on the look out for a smooth bonnet too. I'm debating morettes as well, just to try and steer away from being just another smoothed moonstone. What do you lot reckon? Just needs something a bit different, although I keep finding myself googling plasti-dip...
Thanks given by:
Looking good, I've been looking at plastidip too, only for the wheels though. I've been looking for a 5 door rack for ages! How much did you pay for yours?
Thanks given by:
(04-03-2013, 12:50 AM)aaron_one Wrote: Looking good, I've been looking at plastidip too, only for the wheels though. I've been looking for a 5 door rack for ages! How much did you pay for yours?

Can't remember off the top of my head mate sorry, got them off eBay.
Thanks given by:
You got pics of your intercooler fitted yet?
Thanks given by:
Needs loads of pictures ! Big Grin
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
got the smooth grill on yet?
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Not read this thread till now...! Just love those rims!! They are the best colour too... Wink
[Image: Sig3_zpscd005eb1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(15-03-2013, 08:00 PM)Alee83 Wrote: Not read this thread till now...! Just love those rims!! They are the best colour too... Wink

What colour are those wheels? Always wondered that
Thanks given by:
Purple... Sexy as imo

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
Astor grey...!
Thanks given by:
I'll have your bonnet ASAP if only the guys who have done it can be available when I don't have to be at work, really frustrating and I feel pretty embarrassed I haven't managed to sort it for you yet!
Now only a has been!!

www.autorite-sport.co.uk
Thanks given by:
(15-03-2013, 07:25 PM)aaron_one Wrote: You got pics of your intercooler fitted yet?
Not got it fitted yet mate, will get some pics up when it's done.

(15-03-2013, 07:45 PM)sam Wrote: Needs loads of pictures ! Big Grin

Hopefully have a fair bit of work done over the next few weeks, then I can justify 1827337392 pictures!

(15-03-2013, 07:46 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: got the smooth grill on yet?
Just waiting to get the smooth bonnet then can get them painted and on!

(15-03-2013, 09:51 PM)Tallguy_2 Wrote: I'll have your bonnet ASAP if only the guys who have done it can be available when I don't have to be at work, really frustrating and I feel pretty embarrassed I haven't managed to sort it for you yet!

It's ok mate, I appreciate that, just let me know ASAP and I'll send the money over, can't wait to get it sorted!

As you can see, smoothed bonnet and grill will be on soon! Thinking of having the steels done in moonstone, they need a refurb anyway! Hopefully have the fmic on in the coming weeks an then it's on to smooth boot and clutch for stage 2! Also contemplating spraying the roof black! Would like to have it looking smart for show season, just a shame the paintwork isn't better, laquer peel central Sad
Thanks given by:
dont paint the wheels moonstone, it wouldnt look right with body color wheels. keep them dark Smile
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
anthracite for the wheel trims imo
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(15-03-2013, 10:39 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: dont paint the wheels moonstone, it wouldnt look right with body color wheels. keep them dark Smile

They just look too much like normal steels dark, that's my only issue!
Thanks given by:
moonstone would be gay...sorry..just would.

shadow chrome?

PS pm'd you!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I vote Purple, BMW Techno Violet or Purple Velvet, something like that. Would look sick
Thanks given by:
Bonnet and roof in Matt black?

Are you making your own grill or have you got a brand new smoothed one?
Now only a has been!!

www.autorite-sport.co.uk
Thanks given by:
(15-03-2013, 10:54 PM)Curt Wrote: I vote Purple, BMW Techno Violet or Purple Velvet, something like that. Would look sick

This, a really dark purple.
Love the wheels on this, they make it stand out. Good project keep the updates coming, im intrigued so see what else you do to make it different. Maybe colour code the roof and wheels? Theres a dark purple that is pretty much black but is really metallic purple when it catches the light, not sure on the name but i was talking about it with a mate the other day, that could work well.
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Few photos below from today's Yorkshire meet (cheers to Pete for taking them), was a good laugh. Front Mount should be on soon along with smooth bonnet and grill.

[Image: cd359db3efb9b5c6ce9e171b812325ef_zpsae5183e8.jpg]

[Image: 8ed50ab915ed9c9288410065e9944c77_zpsaf708550.jpg]

[Image: ff6f5c7dc89f3e2e2ce778a025a256a8_zps001ae9b5.jpg]

[Image: 24710be50a879cc8837d821eaf4e9187_zps3f96eb95.jpg]

[Image: 671e8ab9abe36b6ffa1e5ac243b9ed0a_zps7793ef34.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Love it dude looks well. What tyres you running?
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
That sits spot on bud looks epic, needs a single upswep exhaust euro style one?
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Is a sweet car...! Rims look epic in that colour!!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ph1 black d turbo, OEM/Euro Lew_Derv_T 95 48,842 23-11-2013, 01:31 PM
Last Post: bobertmate
  Project 306 ph1 euro m477 oov 22 7,877 17-01-2013, 08:24 PM
Last Post: m477 oov
  matts xsi euro project Matt 542 158,526 10-06-2012, 06:24 PM
Last Post: Poodle