Geek trolling on an epic scale!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Geek trolling on an epic scale!
(29-08-2012, 01:33 PM)Skank_army Wrote: Apple need to do one really. Patent trolls of the highest order. They are simply trying to muscle everyone else out of the market.

this. Theyre just after market domination and using patents etc isnt the way to do it. Having an awesome product is the way to do it!
Thanks given by:
(29-08-2012, 01:33 PM)Skank_army Wrote: Apple need to do one really. Patent trolls of the highest order. They are simply trying to muscle everyone else out of the market.

Err correct me if I'm wrong but arnt most businesses? How many different items do Samsung or toshiba or other companies like this make? You'd make a shit businessman if you decided to limit your sales because you don't want market domination.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(30-08-2012, 10:04 PM)Niall Wrote:

Err correct me if I'm wrong but arnt most businesses? How many different items do Samsung or toshiba or other companies like this make? You'd make a shit businessman if you decided to limit your sales because you don't want market domination.

True, but that wasn't what I was getting at. When companies start throwing their weight around like this, the consumers suffer. Innovation gets stifled as competition becomes stifled too. Apple aren't the only ones guilty of this. I'll admit I really don't like apple though. They take things that have been around for ages, make em shiny and white and pass it off as something that's new and magic and has never before been considered. People just lap up the koolade, and wait outside apple stores foaming at the arse with their wallets at the ready. Apple products are good. But they worth nowhere near what people get charged for em. Makes me wanna dropkick people in the face sometimes

/rant
Member of Team Rather be Gay than Ginger

[Image: Untitled.png]
Thanks given by:
(30-08-2012, 10:28 PM)Skank_army Wrote:
(30-08-2012, 10:04 PM)Niall Wrote:

True, but that wasn't what I was getting at. When companies start throwing their weight around like this, the consumers suffer. Innovation gets stifled as competition becomes stifled too. Apple aren't the only ones guilty of this. I'll admit I really don't like apple though. They take things that have been around for ages, make em shiny and white and pass it off as something that's new and magic and has never before been considered. People just lap up the koolade, and wait outside apple stores foaming at the arse with their wallets at the ready. Apple products are good. But they worth nowhere near what people get charged for em. Makes me wanna dropkick people in the face sometimes

/rant

But clearly they are worth that because people are willing to pay their prices!
And this is t stopping innovation because there was no innovation. Samsung copied apple and that's why they've gone to court.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Wasn't apple found manipulating photos of Samsung products such as aspect ratio and other things to make it look more like their own, twice?

American company vs. Far east company + American Jury = Disaster

Think Samsung should stick to TVs, apple to PCs and let the old boys back in Nokia(old nokia) Siemans, ericsson, phillips and sendo XD
“Someone get the foghorn, Kyles out in the Diseaseal again”

[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
I had this argument on Facebook earlier. I tried every phone going when I was younger. When the very first iPhone came out I had it imported and unlocked from America and it was absolutely brilliant. No other camera phone compared! The screen was perfect! For a touch screen the keyboard was easy to use. The iPod was simple to use. Everything you need is in 1 screen.
I had the 3GS which was still far better than any other phone.
Now I have the 4s and ok there's other phones out there that do have better things but everything else still doesn't compare.
My dad always knocked the iPhones always had androids.
He was always saying that he can put music straight to his phone,interchange his memory cards and change batteries.
He always moaned about something that wasn't right with each update.
But he's been speaking to me and he says hes gave up with android and actually wants to try the new iPhone!
A lot of people said to me they're way to expensive why do I pay so much for a phone. But they all now have one! Ok they are selling for a lot. But they're worth every penny! I never use my laptop cos everything I do on there I can do on here.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(30-08-2012, 10:34 PM)Niall Wrote:
(30-08-2012, 10:28 PM)Skank_army Wrote:
(30-08-2012, 10:04 PM)Niall Wrote: Err correct me if I'm wrong but arnt most businesses? How many different items do Samsung or toshiba or other companies like this make? You'd make a shit businessman if you decided to limit your sales because you don't want market domination.

/rant

But clearly they are worth that because people are willing to pay their prices!
And this is t stopping innovation because there was no innovation. Samsung copied apple and that's why they've gone to court.

Everyone has their own views on Apple, what I wrote wasn't purely an attack on Apple, although truth be told, apple copied most of the products they now sell from previous designs by many other companies. But like I said, it's not just Apple that's guilty here. All the companies involved in idiotic and counter productive patent wars are. Who absorbs all the fallout from it? The end user. Whether Samsung copied Apple or not is speculative, I personally think the whole patent system needs to be shaken up. It's all ridiculous.

Thanks given by:
[Image: gBDpn.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
lmfao!
Thanks given by:
pmsl at that image.

I have an ipod but it stops there for me, android all the way. Ifails sell for the fact it is a status symbol. Move away from the UK to a place like SA and you'll be surprised what it means as status to have an ifail which is why they sell.
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
I didn't realise how good they are are untill I got mine last October. And it is amazing.
I think what makes it so is, not just how easy it is to use but the app store, it makes the iPhone incredibly customisable. I'm travelling at the moment for a year. And I wouldn't be without my iPhone, it does everything I need it to and more. I can book flights, book places to stay, convert currency's, keep a daily budget, translate between languages by just talking to it. Got a map app that shows me where I am without any signal what so ever so I never get lost, it also shows me the nearest restaurants ATMs etc, I Skype my parents from it, make free calls and messages through wifi, downlaod films straight too it as watch them. Just everything really.
Other phones may be able to support similar apps and some of the apps I'm using are probably Available on other brands but what I think makes the iPhone better is that more people use them, so there's more apps, which equals more customisation. And everything about it is really easy to use!
Thanks given by:
Everything you've just described is what i've been doing on my Android for 18 months plus.

Trust you realise what the point people are making is now.

More to the point if you're travelling the world WTF are you on here for?
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
Can I just say, my one x pissed all over any apple product, Scott will agree with me on that!
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
Fair enough I've never owned an android so can't give a proper opinion!

Well at the moment im in Russia, and it's fecking cold outside and raining a lot.

And yano I still live for the 306
Thanks given by:
(02-09-2012, 10:44 AM)declantg Wrote: Can I just say, my one x pissed all over any apple product, Scott will agree with me on that!

And pheobe

Also I don't think you can describe an iphail as customisable. They're the least customisable phones out there.
Thanks given by:
(02-09-2012, 02:01 PM)4WayDiablo Wrote: Also I don't think you can describe an iphail as customisable. They're the least customisable phones out there.

Exactly this. You don't get any freedom. Which is why I'd never own one... Along with the no Bluetooth. Oh and the price. Oh and the image. Oh and the fact everybloodyone has one.
Thanks given by:
jailbroken iphone stomps all over android. Cause it has the build quality and then the customization. Don't get me wrong androids ain't bad thats why my mum and sister have samsungs. I have a bb and a iphone and was probably the most anti apple person i knew till i got my hands on one and learnt all. once you jailbreak and learn how to use cydia properly it's like comparing a ferrari to my Dturbo (iPhone being the ferrari), they both do the same thing but one is so much better then the other and has a higher justified price.

Then you go to explore apps and games and that's where no mobile can compete with apple. they have it sewn up they have the best apps available and aslong as they have such high quality control they apps will continue to be the best. plus they have so many good exclusive titles.

Don't get me wrong the whole apple ethos is screwed up but give them their dues if they do something they do it better then the rest that's why they so pricey. They are the Technics and Pioneer's of the phone world........
Don't worry about what I'm doing, I want you to worry about what you're doing
Thanks given by:
Let's not turn this into an apple vs android flaming session..... Everyone knows Android rules supreme....... ninja

/Trololol

Thanks given by:
lol each person has their opinion and welcome to it. i'm just stating my humble opinion.

but on a side note the only reason android have such a big market share is they are cheap and cheerful. what people don't take into account is google actually monitors mobile usage and data a hell of alot more then apple under the ploy of making android better.....

Thats why google made all the different user agreements into one so they could take data easily from the end user..........
Thanks given by:
(02-09-2012, 02:20 PM)Kwik Wrote: Then you go to explore apps and games and that's where no mobile can compete with apple. they have it sewn up they have the best apps available and aslong as they have such high quality control they apps will continue to be the best. plus they have so many good exclusive titles.

To be blunt that's bullshit. The iPhone is so dated now in the world of quad core and masses if ram
The iphone4s was merely a "catch up" phone at best when it comes into comparison certainly no game changer like the previous seemed to be
Even the displays are being out "PPI'd" by the likes of Samsung. The retina display is still bloody good though

The one place I kinda agree is the app quality. It seems to be slightly higher than android
Exclusivity is fast becoming a thing of the past for iPhone as the developers now see the growing android market
Android does have a larger variety though as its open source :-)
Thanks given by:
App quality is purely on the developers, in all fairness the majority of the apps on android are free as opposed to paid for on IOS so there will be slightly better quality if they're being paid for it.

Apple products are good quality, I don't think any one can say otherwise BUT the price of the hardware doesn't equate to what you actually pay for the device, building your own mac online for example.. the prices just for a ram upgrade for instance are laughable! The fact they're so locked down out of the factory as well, i want something that I can change not something that the manufacturer decides and i have to follow suit, how many people actually would have iFails if you couldn't jailbreak them? Probably no where near as many that's for sure!
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(02-09-2012, 10:59 PM)4WayDiablo Wrote:
(02-09-2012, 02:20 PM)Kwik Wrote: Then you go to explore apps and games and that's where no mobile can compete with apple. they have it sewn up they have the best apps available and aslong as they have such high quality control they apps will continue to be the best. plus they have so many good exclusive titles.

To be blunt that's bullshit. The iPhone is so dated now in the world of quad core and masses if ram
The iphone4s was merely a "catch up" phone at best when it comes into comparison certainly no game changer like the previous seemed to be
Even the displays are being out "PPI'd" by the likes of Samsung. The retina display is still bloody good though

The one place I kinda agree is the app quality. It seems to be slightly higher than android
Exclusivity is fast becoming a thing of the past for iPhone as the developers now see the growing android market
Android does have a larger variety though as its open source :-)

Well that's crap. Yes your phone might have a quad core processor but then this is going back to the windows vs osx argument. Yes you can buy much more powerful computers than macs for less than the price of a mac but the thing you have over looked is how power hungry windows/android is. What's the point of having a massive spec that will take lots more battery life if it's just not needed. iOS can do nearly everything android can do but it's no where near as power hungry which is only a good thing really seeing as you can happily get 4 days useage out of a 4s yet something like the one x may as well be a corded phone!

Oh and midnight I bought a new MacBook pro on Friday. Ram upgrade from 4 to 8gb was 50 quid...I hardly see that as unreasonable. Hdd upgrade to 512gb solid state was only a shade over 100 quid. Think there pretty fair prices.
Not that it's needed mind because there stuff generally doesn't need silly amounts of power to run
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
+1 for Niall words
Thanks given by:
4 days? What with no calls, 3g or WiFi? Even then that'd be pushing it. Ios is no better or worse than android or winmo at power savings.

Thanks given by:
(10-09-2012, 03:40 PM)Skank_army Wrote: 4 days? What with no calls, 3g or WiFi? Even then that'd be pushing it. Ios is no better or worse than android or winmo at power savings.

no wifi but regular 3g web use and calls and texts...well whatsapp

Going off everyone i know who has android devices, i think there power hungry.....just have to see how often scott has to charge his 1x!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
But if you haven't noticed pretty much ALL android devices nowadays have a much bigger screen than ANY iPhone, the screen is pretty much the biggest factor to battery life rapeage!

Also, the 'NEW' iPad mini is going to be using the processor from the old iPad 2 and larger cut segments of 3GS screens.. and i wonder how many people will still go out and pay £xxxx for one and say "Look at my new iPad"
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
At the end of the day there's always a compromise and the reason for the example you used is the huge screen... And the fact HTC went all out to make the device slim so it still feels pocket friendly... It worked, it's much slimmer than an iPhone. But this meant they couldn't fit a big battery.

A much better comparison would be my old Desire S, which if you're talking about power did very well.

When it comes down to it, brand wars are stupid. We only buy what we want, and personally like. For me, I'd never own an iPhone. I'm sure there's plenty that will say the same for Android.
Thanks given by:
yeah the screen is bigger on some HTCs but alot i have held dont feel nice in your hand at all...too big and too thin to feel nice and not like there going to snap in 2 any minute. Also very plasticy!

and Danny cant see what your basing this whole ipad mini thing on. You always get people making shit up before these things are released. The iphone 5 was supposedly comming out last year with a 4" screen and 4g. did that happen? nope

other thing is modern led screens use sod all power. You can't say that the only reason why the oneX battery life is poor is because the screen is a tad under 1" bigger than the iPhone. The reason is because its got loads more ram and processing power which it needs because its substantially more power hungry than iOS. Next you will tell me blackberry make phones that work properly!

personally id be happy being back with a 3310 if i didnt rely on the net for work so much. 6 days battery life, snake, no dodgy apps and best bit, if someone tries to mug you for it, you can bludgeon them to death with it!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Bit late back to this thread I see...

Just as a note before anyone reads this, I'm not an Apple hater. I have a 15" Macbook Pro which I've used every day since it was bought in September 2007. It's a fantastic product, and has only needed battery replacements (as with any laptop which gets used as much as this) and a motherboard replacement due to being part of a faulty batch. I also own an iPod classic 80GB (bought around the same time as the MBP) which is a great product. My mum has a Macbook, and Kim also has a MBP. In short, I do like Apple's products.

That said, iPhone has consistently been released with hardware that was up to 6 months old at the time of release, and was already in mass production by HTC and Samsung. I'm looking forward to the next iPhone being announced with similar hardware to the S3 and One X. That's just from a hardware perspective, but Apple market it as though it's the latest and greatest thing on the market, when in reality a lot of it is just hype. The One X screen is actually better than the 4S screen yet everyone raves about the 4S screen because Apple put a fancy name on it. Yes the battery may be better, however Niall since I know you're going to comment about my HOX, I know mine is faulty and I get significantly less than Fooby, Ed, Curt, Sam, or my mum do with their phones.

Software wise, (in my opinion) Android is again much better in terms of customisation and how easily the vast majority of Android devices can be rooted (jailbroken) to unlock further features such as overclocking or undervolting. In this department though, in reality you're comparing apples to oranges (excuse the pun), being that Android OS and applications are designed to a set standard, but still have to cater for an extremely large variation of devices and operating systems, while to develop an application for the iPhone/iPad, you are catering to a smaller number of different phones which means it's much simpler, not to mention Apple is much more strict in terms of making sure applications adhere to their visual guidelines. They also block out some competition in the application market.

Again, that's my personal opinion. I'm not trying to slate the 4S. It's a decent phone, but it's just not what I want out of a phone.
Thanks given by:
[Image: KQm9JEwIg0mYdE9TV8RfgQ2.jpg]

[troll size=small]trolldad[/troll]

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Xbox geek help Chris306 4 1,816 28-08-2016, 07:33 PM
Last Post: luke306rallye
  Massive geek out right now!! bashbarnard 3 1,179 28-07-2014, 06:02 PM
Last Post: bashbarnard