Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Nick's Diablo 6
#31
I want my linkages already! everyone says they make such a difference!
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
#32
(09-09-2012, 10:28 AM)Ed Doe Wrote: I want my linkages already! everyone says they make such a difference!

they really do! I'm quite interested in the short shifter too but apparently with the compbrake qs it makes 1st a bastard
#33
(09-09-2012, 10:16 AM)Jonny b Wrote: Good lad gear linkages make the gear change so much better eh!

Should be getting my mounts none today if nial can drag his arse over


Should have hot the engine mounts an all neph

Il get there eventually! Gonna get body work sorted before I make any other mods!

(09-09-2012, 10:28 AM)Ed Doe Wrote: I want my linkages already! everyone says they make such a difference!

Oh they do! Feels even better after you've been driving a 1.9 desiel berlingo aswell ha

(09-09-2012, 11:17 AM)vlj Wrote:
(09-09-2012, 10:28 AM)Ed Doe Wrote: I want my linkages already! everyone says they make such a difference!

they really do! I'm quite interested in the short shifter too but apparently with the compbrake qs it makes 1st a bastard

I think a quick shift may have to be purchased aswell, get the full benefits of the linkages!
#34
My Griffiths one is good but it slips every so often. Think it's done it a few times now but its a price of piss to swap back to stock without even taking it off, and I just keep a spanner and Allen key in the car jb case lol.

I have a compbrake one kicking about at home but haven't fitted it yet. With the linkages you can adjust it so it isn't a pain to get into 1st... It all depeds on how you set it up anyway...
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
#35
Well being in Jonny b's car and watching at how quick the shifts are im thinking its a must buy, i mean it must be the quickshift because it surely aint his quick hands ha
#36
Watch it boyo ha ha mine slipped once at pod! Roughed the shaft with some sandpaper locktight in there tightness it up been right as rain ever since!! About 4 years now
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
#37
where you get yours from?
#38
Griffith engineering about 30 iirc
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
#39
think i shall enquire then
#40
I think my ge shifter was £25 but can't remember now.
As said by johnny rough the shaft up and loctite it when fitting and it wont slip, it never did on my old 6, I just bunged it on the nee one with no loctite he.ce why it may be slipping haha!
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
#41
Well i shall bear that in mind, hopefully im competent enough to fit one haha
#42
Peice of piss boy one in of the main selector pop off your linkage you just fitted slide the quick shift on and put the linkage on the quickshift
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
#43
ok il remember you said that because you will be my first port of call if i get f*cked off with it lol
#44
Ha ha you do anyway lol
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
#45
True but i gotta pester someone aint i
#46
Ed before you buy the linkages, take my car for a drive. They do make a difference but nothing huge. you can make your mind up then if there worth the 35 quid
Team Eaton


1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
#47
Tried texting you Confused

Done anymore to the car?
[Image: New%20GTi6%20Filmstrip%20sig2_zpsu8ocrldg.jpg]
#48
He's moved back up near London now bud
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
#49
ah right
[Image: New%20GTi6%20Filmstrip%20sig2_zpsu8ocrldg.jpg]


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)