Colchester 5pm Anyone??

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Colchester 5pm Anyone??
Right,

I should be going to view a car in the south of Colchester at 5.30 TODAY.

I know there arent many people round that way on here....but if you are, and would like to come with me to view this car/moral support/make sure I dont buy yet another shitter I'd really appreciate it...and throw a bit of fuel money your way obviously! Smile

306 and/or HDi knowlegde would be useful, but not necessary.

Cheers
Tom
Thanks given by:
What you going to look at?
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(05-09-2012, 08:14 AM)Niall Wrote: What you going to look at?

306 HDi of course. I do live for the 306 ya know....
Thanks given by:
Says the man currently driving a golf! Sure someone will be about to go with.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(05-09-2012, 08:17 AM)Niall Wrote: Says the man currently driving a golf! Sure someone will be about to go with.

Yeah, the Golfs were just a cheap stop gap till I could get what I really really want, a car with a higher CC, yet half the power and less mpgz too! Not to mention the lack of spec and comfort..........I must be f*cking mad haha. Tongue
Thanks given by:
(05-09-2012, 08:20 AM)Toms306 Wrote:
(05-09-2012, 08:17 AM)Niall Wrote: Says the man currently driving a golf! Sure someone will be about to go with.

Yeah, the Golfs were just a cheap stop gap till I could get what I really really want, a car with a higher CC, yet half the power and less mpgz too! Not to mention the lack of spec and comfort..........I must be f*cking mad haha. Tongue

nownow, don't get too excited
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
I'm going to Colchester.

Zoo in two weeks.

That doesn't help your cause.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Well thanks Chris...
Thanks given by:
Who is this chap; make your mind up. Im tempted to go through the forum and find how many times you (Tom) mentions how many times a golf is better than a 306 Dodgy
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Wait til later and I'll tell you the percentage of tom's posts that mention the word Golf Wink if you want to waste a day reading through all his posts yourself though, be my guest!

Tom unfortunately I don't now many members around that way. If you want to pay for fuel for the 6 from north London ill come lol
Thanks given by:
(05-09-2012, 08:50 AM)ginge191 Wrote: Who is this chap; make your mind up. Im tempted to go through the forum and find how many times you (Tom) mentions how many times a golf is better than a 306 Dodgy

The Golf is better than the 306 in many ways. Its also much more expensive in other ways.

I've done pov spec and cheap, slow and good looking, revvy and noisy, workhorse, and now quick sleeper. So now I've gotta use my head a bit, save some money and get a practical car that meets my needs INCLUDING the cost requirements, which Im afraid the golf doesn't atm.

Don't worry, as soon as I'm back on my feet and saved up a few pennies the HDi will be going anyway. Smile

(05-09-2012, 09:00 AM)Scott Wrote: Tom unfortunately I don't now many members around that way. If you want to pay for fuel for the 6 from north London ill come lol

I don't have a spare £500 to give you mate, sorry. Tongue

Anyone nicks it then I'll, I'll....well OK, I won't do anything, but please dont anyway! Tongue

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1999-PEUGEOT-3...20cae817a5

Yes its had lots of owners, got short MOT, and its not in meridian spec.....but are there any other issues you guys can see? I've asked specifically if there are any problems at all and he says theres not, obv I can only take his word for that atm.
Thanks given by:
For fucks sake...don't think I'll be going anywhere today then!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7x1Ml6B7...e=youtu.be

Lots of noise, no power, feels rough as arseholes lol....Just been past the local garage and the tech reckons it could be the crank pulley (its not the DMF thank f*ck! wrong end for that)...Im gonna whip the covers off and have a look, if I cant find anything I'll drop it at the garage later for them to look at..........

Great timimg golf, cheers then. Confused
Thanks given by:
for somthing that has half the power and half the mpgs...as your car both of mine havnt gone wrong nearly as much as yours has!
Quote:(15:06:27) Toms306: Wd40d it and had a good tug, came straight off

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5522]

Thanks given by:
what a complete pile of wank that golf is. So not only can you not go get a decent car you cant come help with clutches either! D:
Thanks given by:
(05-09-2012, 09:03 AM)Toms306 Wrote: The Golf is better than the 306 in many ways.

Moments later...

Breaks down.

Superb thread.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Sounds like an injector
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(05-09-2012, 10:06 AM)c.a.r. Wrote:
(05-09-2012, 09:03 AM)Toms306 Wrote: The Golf is better than the 306 in many ways.

Moments later...

Breaks down.

Superb thread.

haha its funny because its true! Big Grin
Thanks given by:

Moments later...

Breaks down.

Superb thread.

Its not broken down, I drove it home again.....that doesnt count as a breakdown. Its not like it threw a rod miles from home.....or even ended up stuck in a piece of armco....

Anyway, crank pulley is fine, its defintely coming from the top end...maybe the dreaded camshaft?? Or maybe Phils right. Either way...I cant afford to fix it. This is the situation I wanted to avoid. Sad
Thanks given by:
Get the HDI and have a nice garden ornament!
Thanks given by:
(05-09-2012, 10:36 AM)JJ0063 Wrote: Get the HDI and have a nice garden ornament!

How do I do that? Im not walking to Colchester!
Thanks given by:

Moments later...

Breaks down.

Superb thread.

Pahahaha!!!!!!! Brilliant!!!
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
What time do you need to leave tom? I can help you out if you like x
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
(05-09-2012, 10:50 AM)declantg Wrote: What time do you need to leave tom? I can help you out if you like x

Nah Im not going mate, thanks for the offer though.
Thanks given by:
You sure mate?

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
take up decs offer and go get the better car. Fix and then sell on the golf. I would take you mate but ive got to be sailing in the evening! D:
Thanks given by:
Sam speaks sense Smile get the hdi x

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
I wasn't gonna buy it today anyway guys...haven't got the cash for a start, that'd take a few days to get together.

I know you're trying to help and I do appreciate it but I'm not going today, I know it sounds ridiculous but its really shaken me up and my guts aren't in a great state right now so I'll be staying home today. Well I'm going down the Garage in a bit but no further.

From the dubgen forum looks like its the camshaft/lifters that are f*cked so I can't afford to fix that anyway. It'll be getting sold spares and repairs or might even break it.

Sigh....now people know why I was so eager to get a HDi a few weeks ago! Sad
Thanks given by:
So you'll go carless for a few days, moan that the golf is knackered, then be left with no car again because the HDI has sold.

Tom, I don't want to sound harsh as i've been trying to help you as much as I can but seriously don't miss out on another decent one bud. Let Dec give you a lift, have a look at it, leave a deposit & then at leas you know you've got a car sorted.

Have a few hours to chill out & you'll feel better mate

JJ
Thanks given by:
I can't even lay under the car atm as everything inside 'moves' if you get my drift, going on two hours drive as a passenger really isn't gonna happen today.

The seller seems confident it wont have sold any time soon though lol, we're still on for monday viewing..... Smile
Thanks given by:
Tom, run a bath, have a smoke and chill out for a few hours, watch some top gear etc etc. I'm more than happy to take you that way mate, would much rather see you in an hdi than a golf

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by: