Frosty's Ph1 Black D Turbo now with VNT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frosty's Ph1 Black D Turbo now with VNT
Have you tried it with the filter off yet?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(22-07-2013, 06:04 PM)Tom Wrote: Have you tried it with the filter off yet?

Filter off the pipe work? No not yet thats my next thing to do
Thanks given by:
Sorted my air feed pipe problem out. I had the pipe all the way into the air filter so i cut some of the pipe off and now it seems fine
Thanks given by:
(23-07-2013, 08:24 PM)Frosty Wrote: Sorted my air feed pipe problem out. I had the pipe all the way into the air filter so i cut some of the pipe off and now it seems fine

Tool!

Go a bit better now
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(23-07-2013, 08:30 PM)Jimbo Wrote:
(23-07-2013, 08:24 PM)Frosty Wrote: Sorted my air feed pipe problem out. I had the pipe all the way into the air filter so i cut some of the pipe off and now it seems fine

Tool!

Go a bit better now

Haha aint driven it since
Thanks given by:
Glad it was easily sorted!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(24-07-2013, 04:10 PM)Tom Wrote: Glad it was easily sorted!

Yeah it was just me being stupid lol

I have put all the front end back together now with the bumper on.

[Image: null_zps2a4c7fe8.jpg]

[Image: null_zps32960712.jpg]

[Image: null_zps0ef6796c.jpg]

So next week i hope to get it MOT'd and then see about getting a few more bits of body work done and then it will be finish tidying up the inside
Thanks given by:
looks real smart chap. nice.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Wack the numberplate on and go for a hoon...then tell us how you managed to light the wheels up in 3rd Wink and if you get a video....even better...
Thanks given by:
This makes me miss mine Sad looks good though dude Big Grin
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(25-07-2013, 11:49 AM)mr_fish Wrote: Wack the numberplate on and go for a hoon...then tell us how you managed to light the wheels up in 3rd Wink and if you get a video....even better...

Maybe next week Smile I ain't got the time to do it today

(25-07-2013, 02:27 PM)sam Wrote: This makes me miss mine Sad looks good though dude Big Grin

Cheers mate. Looks similar to how yours did now I would of fort

(24-07-2013, 08:39 PM)Piggy Wrote: looks real smart chap. nice.

Cheers, it nearly there now
Thanks given by:
Looks near enough the same but youve done what I wanted haha, are you really sure you dont want to sell it Wink
Thanks given by:
(25-07-2013, 02:45 PM)sam Wrote: Looks near enough the same but youve done what I wanted haha, are you really sure you dont want to sell it Wink

So what have I done want you wanted to? Hdi rods?

I'm pretty sure Smile
Thanks given by:
Well all the parts I had to put on haha youve put them all on haha
Thanks given by:
Yeah i did end up getting a lot of bits off you Smile
Thanks given by:
Bit more done. I brought a few bits from FCS last weekend. I got a black tow strap as i cant fit the standard tow eye on cuz of boost pipes in the way. Also got a set of gear rods. Got them fitted

[Image: null_zpsafb2abc4.jpg]

[Image: null_zpsa9d58969.jpg]

Also got some angel eyes off Anton that Ruan kindly brought with him. Them fitted

[Image: null_zps33d7b10c.jpg]

[Image: null_zpsc4043124.jpg]

[Image: null_zps5776c7e6.jpg]

Tonight after work i got some different rear shocks fitted

[Image: null_zps96660873.jpg]

Also after work Mark (mr fish) popped over and we had a little play with the pump. After our play it is a completely different car. I have got a slight oil leak from the sump which is a pain as i even fitted a new gasket but i will sort that when i give it an oil change after running it in for a bit

Also i hope to get it MOT'd on Saturday
Thanks given by:
First ride...not much to shout about...

Second ride....a happier revving engine and a definate change in exhaust note.

...so to quote a much loved ginger

"You can tell the sound of a tuned XUD" - Ruan 2013

After seeing this, it is a real tidy project. Keep with the OEM look.
Thanks given by:
Defo needs some more fine tuning don't it but don't want to go crazy till I have run it in. From the first to the second run though what a difference lol.

I will have a proper read of your project thread when I get home Smile
Thanks given by:
Car now has 12 months MOT Smile
Thanks given by:
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Got a few bits done yesterday. I got a switch wired up so that I can turn the engine cooling fans on when I want. Also got some gauges fitted. I have gone for oil temp and pressure and a EGT gauge. I already have a boost gauge fitted. I got the gauges fitted where the stereo usually goes. All the gauges are wired up and the oil temp and pressure works but I need to get the probe fitted for the EGT gauge. I fitted a sandwich plate to get the oil temp and pressure from. A few pics

[Image: null_zpsae03bc8e.jpg]

[Image: null_zps4a6b4bd2.jpg]

[Image: null_zpsd93663c2.jpg]

[Image: null_zps09c231ee.jpg]

And I made a start making the stereo fit in the lower centre console.
Thanks given by:
So as I said I have made a start getting the stereo fitted into the lower centre consol.

[Image: null_zps93a514a2.jpg]

Also last night I got the turbo off as I'm fitting the EGT probe. I fort that if I didn't do it now I would never get round to doing it when the car is on the road. It wasn't to bad to get of as I took the sub frame off and took it out the bottom. It was a little fiddly getting it past the drive shaft and power steering pipe but Mark kindly helped me out.

[Image: null_zps0cdf30cd.jpg]

[Image: null_zps99a6da4e.jpg]

[Image: null_zps25e7a2d7.jpg]

I got the manifold off the turbo today and hopefully take it to someone tomorrow to drill and tap it for me to fit the EGT probe. I think I'm going to get the hole drilled on the manifold where it says L2
Thanks given by:
what turbo is that?
[Image: Untitled-1_zpsc57da38e.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I had mine where that L2 stamp is and it was good. Best place without drilling the turbo.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
(06-08-2013, 09:19 PM)padge Wrote: what turbo is that?

Its an iveco 35s11 ko3 pretty much a gt17 its my old turbo that I was gling to put on my dt before I broke it for parts
Thanks given by:
Cheers for answering Sam Smile. From the little I have driven it, it's spools up pretty well. Can't wait to get it on the road to see what it will go like Smile
Thanks given by:
Got a few bits done today. Firstly I picked up the exhaust manifold that had been drilled and tapped for the EGT probe. Then I got that bolted back onto the turbo and fitted the EGT probe. Got the turbo bolted up to the engine and everything else fitted back on and the EGT all connected up. I think something is not right with the EGT probe as I have had the car running for a good 10/15mins and the gauge does move at all. Will look into this more at some point.

Then I got on to the fun of lowering the rear axle. Had jimbo, mikey b, mr fish and craig (the cidering drunking youngster from FCS camping) all pop over to give me a hand as I have had nothing to do with lowering the axles before. So we set about lowering the axle and what a load of fun that was. First the anti roll bar didn't want to come out. Then the torsion bars didn't want to move. Then got the driver side arm off and the bearings were shot and we had a few other bits that didn't quite go to plan but we got it lowered in the end. In the end it did all come apart as it should and the we did manage to get the torsion bars all the way out so it is lowered 'the correct way'. But the axle is not really any good to be honest as the bearings are really no good on the driver side, so I will prob have to see about getting another axle sometime but will not worry for the time being and there doesn't actually feel like there is any play in the axle. So at the end of the night we have the axle lowered about 30mm which is what I wanted but it does looks a tad more but I will see how it goes. I did get very stressed out and pissed off with doing it but it got done and I have to say a big thanks for the help for jimbo, mikey b, my fish and craig.

I got a few pics but they don't want to upload so I will add them when I get round to it. I will go back down work in the morning to tidy a few bits up and fit the front springs so will update more tomorrow
Thanks given by:
Just buy some new bearings and stick em in?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(10-08-2013, 10:45 AM)Tom Wrote: Just buy some new bearings and stick em in?

Yeah but the bit on the trailing arm is not great and not much point putting that in with new bearings and I don't think the bearings are that easy to fit. Saying that it is still poss something to look onto
Thanks given by:
(10-08-2013, 03:16 PM)Frosty Wrote:
(10-08-2013, 10:45 AM)Tom Wrote: Just buy some new bearings and stick em in?

Yeah but the bit on the trailing arm is not great and not much point putting that in with new bearings and I don't think the bearings are that easy to fit. Saying that it is still poss something to look onto

Bearings aint easy to put in a 306 axle despite wht some people think they know.
Just get another axle off a ph3
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Frosty's astor GTi6 Frosty 20 7,798 26-07-2018, 05:12 PM
Last Post: Frosty
  Black Ph1 D-Turbo project (black betty) doogle-d turbo 25 10,093 16-08-2017, 06:04 AM
Last Post: doogle-d turbo
  Frosty's S16 6 speed Frosty 244 95,929 04-09-2014, 09:40 AM
Last Post: Frosty