Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
205 D-turbo xud9, banded steels and much more
Good stuff, see you there!

Bummer about the head, that's what you get for XUD though. Wink
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Cheers mate. I have got Frosty to order me a victor reinz headset also got arp headstuds to go on and an 11mm pump and also a Fmic aswell. I'm not sure if I should put the hdi rods in aswell should I get new shells the rods are still in the hdi block atm.
Thanks given by:
Right bit of work today I got the head skimmed and pressure tested and got it back today and also thismorning I got this through the post Thanks to Frosty

[attachment=15173]

Should go well with the arp headstuds so shouldn't blow again hopefully lol.

[attachment=15175]

So I reground the valves and put them back in

[attachment=15174]

[attachment=15176]

Painted the rocker cover silver. Hopefully should have it all back together with the Fmic on next week as I'm at Wrk for the next 4 days so nothing will get done Angry
Thanks given by:
Going to be reliable from now on :p
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Haha hopefully. I have got a hdi engine sitting here tempted to pull the rods out aswell lol
Thanks given by:
I would if you havent put the head on yet... But then your disturbing the piston rings, saying that i put used rings and bottom end bearings in my engine and they are fine Smile
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
No I haven't put the head on yet Ive got to pull the rest of the lump out yet then I'm gonna build it up out of the car. I haven't messed around with any bottom ends before I've rebuild a couple of heads so I'm not to keen on doing them but knowing my luck I'll throw a rod in a month or so lol
Thanks given by:
Looking great

Can't wait to see it all together Smile
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Right been quite busy the last few days building up a new engine. I got the head all stripped down and rebuilt

[attachment=15510]

[attachment=15511]

[attachment=15512]

[attachment=15513]

[attachment=15514]

Then started on the bottom end i got off of Chris on here I gave it a kick of paint

[attachment=15515]

Headgasket and studs

[attachment=15516]

[attachment=15517]

[attachment=15518]

[attachment=15519]

Gave the engine bay a jetwash and has come up really well and put the engine in the car.

[attachment=15520]

[attachment=15521]

Got the cooler all in just waiting for the plastic water housing that goes at the back at the bottom as mines leaking like a sieve atm. Then should be ready to go.
Thanks given by:
Get some cambelt covers on there bud, looks like some good work!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Yea I am going to put some cambelt covers on but I broke the cam one taking it off lol. I don't like not having them because I'm paranoid that something will get jammed in there lol
Thanks given by:
Soo.. I got the new water pipe yesterday and fitted it and is holding water fine now Wink also got my battery back and actually turns over fine and starts ok now just need a new set of glowplugs I'll get a set on Tuesday. But taking it steady for now so everything can bed in.
Thanks given by:
I got some new glowplugs yesterday and fitted them starts well now I have done around 350 miles since the rebuild so gonna drop the oil tomorrow and refill with some nice oil.
Also today I got the banded steels on new tyres all round 165 60 14's

[attachment=15661]

[attachment=15662]

[attachment=15663]

I do want to move the front number plate for more air flow to the cooler but its just going to look the same as tom's but grey lol.
[attachment=15664]
Thanks given by:
But of an update I've done around 1200 miles in this now and all is good boosting nicely keeps at a nice temp no oil leaks etc. I got it gov molded the other day and makes a huge difference well chuffed but on the way back the bloody clutch cable snapped about 1/2 mile from home, anyway managed to get one the next day for £16 so not to bad.
Next jobs on the list is to give it an oil change and I need to stiffen up the rear as it's quite soft and actually manages to scrape.
Thanks given by:
Nice to no the bottom end is going Ok Wink looking very nice Big Grin

Thanks given by:
Yes mate its all going well atm. Fingers crossed it stays that way lol
Thanks given by:
Got it gov molded? Whats that? Wink

Looks awesome mate!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
I have done about 3000 miles in this now all is going fine not had any issues so far. I got a stick on numberplate for the bonnet so it gets a bit more airflow to the intercooler (need to put the bumper grill back in) and have also put a slimline on aswell. Does anyone know if the numberplate is actually legal or not??

[attachment=16501]
Thanks given by:
Big fan of this build, but stick the number plate back where it belongs imho, my fmic is practically covered by bumper but gets more than enough airflow to keep the inlet mani at a temp you could cool your beer on.

Just looks a bit barry boy on an otherwise nice looking motor Smile
Thanks given by:
Ordered mocal oil cooler and has turned up hopefully should get it on friday

[Image: asy9enaj.jpg]

Got a inline fuel filter aswell

[Image: erezedym.jpg]

Also took the numberplate off the bonnet and put it back on the bumper looks alot better also put the grill on the bumper aswell. Looks loads better

[Image: pa6ebe5a.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I quite liked the plate on bonnet, looked hillclimb car spec ThumbsUp
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
hillclimb cars don't have numberplates :p

cooler will get plenty of air with the plate there anyway, you could chop off the GB badge so it fits in the recess properly too.
Thanks given by:
Hmm.... Not a bad shout
Thanks given by:
looking good...

highly reccomend a better filter though!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(09-07-2014, 07:53 PM)Piggy Wrote: looking good...

highly reccomend a better filter though!
Are these filters ok on veg? Or do they clog up easily?
Thanks given by:
You'll want a better filter for veg, looks like it'll clog elquickly, I had to change filters quite regularly when on veg. A decent inline will see you right. Piggy should be able to advise best as he still runs the svo
Thanks given by:
205 looks good and like the number plate
[Image: mike_sig_zpsd438fb98.jpg]

Thanks given by:
(09-07-2014, 08:16 PM)zx_volcane Wrote: You'll want a better filter for veg, looks like it'll clog elquickly, I had to change filters quite regularly when on veg. A decent inline will see you right. Piggy should be able to advise best as he still runs the svo
Oh right I'm not too bothered about running veg as it would only be on the odd occasion really Aslong as it will flow enough diesel I need that's all that matters :-)
Thanks given by:
Its more that its too small surface area but its not small enough micron to filter any better than the pick up in the tank
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Been busy with this over the weekend managed to fit a 306 gti6 rear arb, new rear shocks, new exhaust backbox and a new battery :-)

[Image: eqadesun.jpg]

[Image: 3yna8e5u.jpg]

[Image: tuvehu5a.jpg]

[Image: za6y7ada.jpg]

[Image: ete7y6eh.jpg]

[Image: upu9e5uv.jpg]

Also went to a local show aswell was the only derv 205 there :-D

[Image: 4usazahe.jpg]

[Image: ahyjudut.jpg]

[Image: e2y9ubur.jpg]
Thanks given by: