205 Turbo D. GT2052S. Bosch 9mm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
205 Turbo D. GT2052S. Bosch 9mm
So I pulled the head today, looks like it has been bad for a while, but you don't get a temp gauge in a pov spec derv, just a stop light, which never actually came on anyway.

No antifreeze has been in it for some time either.

[Image: Photo0559.jpg]

[Image: Photo0561.jpg]

[Image: Photo0566.jpg]

Nice.

Can't see any cracks on first inspection but I haven't really cleaned it up and looked properly yet.
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
No cracks in the head, shes all good to go in the Berlingo.

GT2052s Berlingo should be fun.

Not as much fun as a GT2052V/GT2256V 205 mind.

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
Good stuff. I always wanted to do a quick Partner/Berlingo. If someone offered me a decent one tomorrow, i would most likely reshell my car into it for a laugh lol
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Was too cold for bricklaying today so went to the garage and pulled the gearbox off to look at the clutch, see if it was badly worn or if oil was getting to it. 

It isn't that badly worn out, looks like it's the original by the '94 date stamp on it, still some meat on it but not loads.

There is oil inside the bellhousing, quite a bit, unsure if it is bad or not? 
Anybodys thoughts on that most welcome.

[Image: Photo0574.jpg]

[Image: Photo0570.jpg]

[Image: Photo0571.jpg]

[Image: Photo0568.jpg]

The vac pump cam seal was leaking, anybody think this would have been getting on the clutch and causing my epic slip?

I have a new Valeo to go in just don't want to waste my time as its a pain in the arse without an engine hoist.

Cheers.

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
Judging by the Exxon Valdez / gearbox, yeah probably the cause Smile
It's never a good idea to have oil in that area. A light coating of clutch dust but otherwise dry is better.
Thanks given by: Danny Wideboy
Thought as much.

Cheers for confirming, will clean it all up and sort out that leaky seal. 

Gonna stick with the XUD7 for now because I don't have the money for another engine, or an engine lift, at the moment.
Stick the 52s back on and try and tame that before I go any further with it. 
It's a wicked turbo and I want to get the best out of it before I upgrade to VNT.
Also need to get a mig welder sorted so I can relocate the turbo, my arc won't be up to it with me operating it.

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
what's the crac with this then dan?
Thanks given by:
It will be going back together soon.
Head is on the bench waiting on camshaft oil seals but all cleaned up and good to go when I pick them up from Peugeot.
Gearbox is cleaned up and the oils sels should stop it getting covered in oil again.
Clutch is ready to go on.
Had a snapped engine mount, got another one ready to go.

Got myself a couple of MIG welders now so am learning their settings before I make a start on my relocation manifold.
Got a few bits to pick up from Basbarnard next weekend on that front. Manifold and a spare engine to mock up on and some other odds n sods.

As said it will be back on the GT2052s for a little while whilst I sort out the VNT manifold and exhaust.

Need it back I am missing it badly now.  Smile

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
Almost ready for the road. 

Pics to follow. Am on the mobile. 

Gearbox back on with new Valeo friction plate, all back on its mounts waiting on the head to go on tomorrow. Sacked off all the old vacuum pump and power steering being belt driven from the camshaft and went for a more modern vac pump and camshaft altogether and no power steering. 

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by: 1616six
Sweet man. Get some pics up.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
She's a runner again finally. Got no proper Internet at the moment, just my phone, got some pics to upload but waiting for the Internet to come back on.

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
Nice project very similar to mine. Just FYI you really dont need a hoist to change the engine on these just done mine with a trolley jack and some Dolly's, the crane makes it hard work.
Cherry red 205 XUD VNT - Project thread here http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=25522
Thanks given by:
(05-04-2015, 07:03 PM)andyyy Wrote: Nice project very similar to mine. Just FYI you really dont need a hoist to change the engine on these just done mine with a trolley jack and some Dolly's, the crane makes it hard work.

Huh I'm sorry what!? Do you know how a engine crane works! 10x easier with a crane.
Thanks given by:
Easier if you're working out of a council garage where you're not allowed to work on cars! ;p

Each to their own.

I've done it both ways and both have their pros and cons
Thanks given by:
(05-04-2015, 07:03 PM)andyyy Wrote: Nice project very similar to mine. Just FYI you really dont need a hoist to change the engine on these just done mine with a trolley jack and some Dolly's, the crane makes it hard work.

Cheers fella, although in all honesty it appears you have actually spent some money on yours. Yeah could have been done either way but had no other engine at the time so left the block in.
All running sweet now, been up the road in it and I am happy with how it performs, got a chronic oil leak from my turbo feed so will get Watford hoses to sort a new one. 
Still no proper Internet so still no pictures, A la Poodle, although I have actually taken Some. 

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
(06-04-2015, 10:25 AM)allye Wrote:

Huh I'm sorry what!? Do you know how a engine crane works! 10x easier with a crane.

Um well I just other day helped with pulling a engine out with a crane and can confirm , at least I'm my opinion, that a dolly and jack is easier. Had my engine in position and bolted in after 5 mins. Id use a dolly and jack everytime. But each to there own. 
Cherry red 205 XUD VNT - Project thread here http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=25522
Thanks given by:
This is now MOT'ed and on the road, laptop is having antibiotics and as soon as it's fever has gone I have a massive update with loads of lovely pictures.

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
[attachment=23408]

[attachment=23409]

[attachment=23410]

[attachment=23411]

[attachment=23412]

[attachment=23413]

[attachment=23414]

So finally a few pics. 
Swapped the camshaft for the xud9 one for the vacuum pump arrangment. 
Power steering deleted. 
New mls head gasket. 
New Valeo friction plate. 
New camshaft seals. 
New MOT.

Still a couple of handling issues to be dealt with.

Goes like stink, love it.

Also strpped down my spare engine for rebuilding and HDI rod fitting. 
Didn't look good. 
[attachment=23415]

Corrosion in the head and bore. 

[attachment=23416]

So made this from its internalls 

[attachment=23417]

[attachment=23418]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
Loving this. Any pics of the whole car?
Thanks given by:
Was that the engine that was in my estate?
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
haha, awesome Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(26-05-2015, 07:31 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: [attachment=23522]Loving this. Any pics of the whole car?
Yep. 

(26-05-2015, 08:01 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: Was that the engine that was in my estate?

Yeah that's the one. Much more useful in its current form. 
Was bought as scrap anyway so not bothered.

Also, keep blowing holes in my comedy boost pipes unsurprisingly. 

About time for something suitable for the job.

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
Can I haz back plz?
Thanks given by:
(01-06-2015, 06:59 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: Can I haz back plz?

Here iz bak. 

[attachment=23549]
Good back.
Yes? 

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
Good back, ys.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Driveshafts are fubared proper,  not drivable until they are changed. 

Car is too low, will eat them again at the height it's at and the shocks don't seem short enough for the springs. 

Changes needed. 

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
Fitted the new driveshafts today, cured all the ills that I was worried about.
On that basis I opened up the fuel pump a bit more.
Need to get a proper video of it making noise, properly amusing little car.

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
I am getting huge 'shouldntvesoldit' envy right now girlfriend.
Thanks given by:
Not surprised mate, it makes me giggle every time I drive it.
If only for the WTF faces of the general public as it boosts and hisses past.

A  mate has a gopro we keep talking about rigging up, I'll get on it and get a decent video of it. 
Much amuse.

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
sounds awesome man. would love to see a video of this
Thanks given by: