whats ya age

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
whats ya age
It's not hostile. I was genuinely curious if he had found some way of getting over the £3000+ quotes I was having at that age.
Thanks given by:
Area makes a big impact on it.

Can also make a parent the main driver but that's frowned upon.
Thanks given by:
I had an old 1.4 at 17 (£1500 insurance if you were wondering).......bloody car gave me the pug bug. Dodgy lol
Thanks given by:
I had no car at 17 because I didn't have a job and only had EMA which is £30 pounds per week! You guys were so lucky to get jobs at that age with no experience.
Thanks given by:
(30-06-2013, 02:34 PM)306Puggy Wrote: I had no car at 17 because I didn't have a job and only had EMA which is £30 pounds per week! You guys were so lucky to get jobs at that age with no experience.

I didn't have a job.

Living where I do I couldn't get a job without a car either - but a relative had generously been saving so much a month over about 15 years for me and my sister. So I used that with all the bday/xmas money I hadn't used for years to buy and insure a car at 17 (and a half lol). One of the biggest mistakes I've made so far, if I hadn't wasted it on cars and insurance I could be moved out by now. Oh well.
Thanks given by:
I insured a dturbo at 17 for little over 1k
I've worked at Pizza Hut since I was 16.
Anyone can get a job at Pizza Hut
Thanks given by:
(30-06-2013, 03:02 PM)Stephen Wrote: I insured a dturbo at 17 for little over 1k

This.

It's kept me in the money for the past 3 years. I hated it towards the end and luckily I started a new job a fortnight ago but it did give me the opportunity to upgrade from a 106 NAD to a DT and mod it.

EDIT: It also helps if you're not a spack with money, like a lot of people my age seem to be.
Thanks given by:
Yeah I hate it now. But it's monies
I saved up 12k to go travelling just working there
Thanks given by:
(30-06-2013, 03:02 PM)Stephen Wrote: I insured a dturbo at 17 for little over 1k

Just over 1k insurance at 17? Me and my dad searched every comparison site in the land and came out with quotes of 3k+! Even to learn to drive in his car they wanted 3kHuh My insurance at 19 was 1400 so I just can't fathom how you got insurance at 17 for 1k. I AM jealous I must admit. I would have done a lot of things to get behind the wheel as soon as possible, the torment was unreal at the time.

Edit: I might have been turned down for Pizza Hut if I applied (can't remember now) but I know for a fact when I was 18 and 20 I was turned down for Mcdonalds. The most money I had when I was 17 was EMA, as sad as that is! Two months before my 20th birthday I got my first ever job cleaning a library 11 miles away in the middle of nowhere. 7 hours per week, I earned about £200 per month, but needed fuel to pay for the 22 mile round trip. Ontop of EMA I still felt rich though.
Thanks given by:
Dturb at 18 was £1100 for me. At 19 i was offered multi car along with my dads two cars for £400. Juat depends on your situation.
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
My 1.8 was £1250 at 17, insurance was cheaper then
Thanks given by:
I'm 32 but feel and look alot younger haha
Thanks given by:
I'm twenty now and insurance on my dturbo with mods declared is about 600
Thanks given by:
Just renewed friday. 22 with 5yrs NCB on the 6 fully comp, all mods declared £540. Not bad i thought seeing as i live in London.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Wow we goin abit off topic its whats ya age not whats ya insurance quote lol
(msg sent from hell)

If i dont c ya threw week ill c ya threw window.
Thanks given by:
(30-06-2013, 05:38 PM)Stephen Wrote: I'm twenty now and insurance on my dturbo with mods declared is about 600

You must live in the safest place in the country then, that's the only thing I can put it down to. I'm 23 and my insurance is £700 with 4 years no claims.
Thanks given by:
Yeah I looked it up once think my area is in the second saftest rating
Thanks given by:
19 Smile and I was a sucker and paying 2.4k on a dturbo at 18 in a F rated area lol
Official Team Go-NAD fan club
Thanks given by:
(30-06-2013, 10:06 AM)306Puggy Wrote: Lucky you. What do you want to prove by that?

Absolutely nothing. Just saying cause everyone seems older than me here Smile

(30-06-2013, 10:10 AM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote: Area makes a big impact on it.

Can also make a parent the main driver but that's frowned upon.

This Smile Parent is the main driver. Guards do some looking alright when they ask do i own the vehicle ... 'Nope, tis the mothers' Tongue Smile

(30-06-2013, 02:29 PM)Toms306 Wrote: I had an old 1.4 at 17 (£1500 insurance if you were wondering).......bloody car gave me the pug bug. Dodgy lol

I've a 1.9 nad. 800 euro under the mothers name. Happy out Smile
[Image: DSC_0054.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(30-06-2013, 05:41 PM)Niall Wrote: Just renewed friday. 22 with 5yrs NCB on the 6 fully comp, all mods declared £540. Not bad i thought seeing as i live in London.

What company you with bud?
Thanks given by:
Greenlight Smile
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(30-06-2013, 06:22 PM)pugjohn306 Wrote: Wow we goin abit off topic its whats ya age not whats ya insurance quote lol

That happens a lot, you'll get used to it. Wink
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
30yo here. About 16 mentally Big Grin
Thanks given by:
21 on August 24th Big Grin
French Wench
Thanks given by:
(30-06-2013, 02:34 PM)306Puggy Wrote: I had no car at 17 because I didn't have a job and only had EMA which is £30 pounds per week! You guys were so lucky to get jobs at that age with no experience.

/facepalm.

Most people i know were working for cash in hand since the age of 14/15, let alone 17..

I worked my ass off to afford a car to move schools for my education. Luck is nothing. I also was entitled to "EMA"; a pointless incentive by the government to keep youth in education to reduce NEETS across the country.

A lot of jobs require little experience; i'm sure most people know how to scrub pots and pans for minimum wage. The truth is that 'most' people start here for experience and reputability. ThumbsUp
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
(19-07-2013, 09:48 AM)ginge191 Wrote:

/facepalm.

Most people i know were working for cash in hand since the ag14/15, let alone 17..

I worked my ass off to afford a car to move schools for my education. Luck is nothing. I also was entitled to "EMA"; a pointless incentive by the government to keep youth in education to reduce NEETS across the country.

A lot of jobs require little experience; i'm sure most people know how to scrub pots and pans for minimum wage. The truth is that 'most' people start here for experience and reputability. ThumbsUp

Couldn't agree more and this is why I hate today's uni culture that people will walk out of uni at 21 with a degree and automatically walk into a good high paying job. 99% of people start at the bottom and work up. I think my self very lucky to be in the position I'm in seeing as I basically have no qualifications at all whilst I know of people from my old school that are qualified up to the eyeballs and have been turned down for cleaning jobs and jobs in mc donnalds.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
19 on friday, FCS parrrrrrrrty.

i like being a girl, hdi insurance with 0ncb, claim at my fault before i'd passed my test Itwasntme, license for only 10 months, 1350 not bad!
Thanks given by:
(19-07-2013, 10:03 AM)Niall Wrote:
(19-07-2013, 09:48 AM)ginge191 Wrote:

/facepalm.

Most people i know were working for cash in hand since the ag14/15, let alone 17..

Couldn't agree more and this is why I hate today's uni culture that people will walk out of uni at 21 with a degree and automatically walk into a good high paying job. 99% of people start at the bottom and work up. I think my self very lucky to be in the position I'm in seeing as I basically have no qualifications at all whilst I know of people from my old school that are qualified up to the eyeballs and have been turned down for cleaning jobs and jobs in mc donnalds.

BUT on the flip side; you can't generalise uni grads.
Secondly, they're more likely to have transferable skills from university; you have a good job, granted, but if you wanted to move about/change careers it's not an easy move. Those with degrees generally have a bit more flexibility; in my case at least.
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
(19-07-2013, 10:03 AM)Niall Wrote: Couldn't agree more and this is why I hate today's uni culture that people will walk out of uni at 21 with a degree and automatically walk into a good high paying job. 99% of people start at the bottom and work up. I think my self very lucky to be in the position I'm in seeing as I basically have no qualifications at all whilst I know of people from my old school that are qualified up to the eyeballs and have been turned down for cleaning jobs and jobs in mc donnalds.

The only uni culture in this country is the one where people who didnt go slate those who did for no good reason. I know 4/5 people who went to uni amd managed to come out with a relevant job, let alone a well-paid one, and two of those people are Ed and Mazz lol.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Just got given a secondment as a manager at my work and one of the lads I was up against threw a hissy fit because I don't have a degree and he does....

How does your poxy degree in chemistry help?!?! Fucktard.
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by: