Miss_Tap's Diablo GTi-6 > XUD project

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Miss_Tap's Diablo GTi-6 > XUD project
Why didn't you ask if anyone local had some intercooler pipes for it? I know quite a few people running diesels that might have been able to help so that the Intercooler sits in a much better place. Smile
I Black mask Crystal headlights, check out my Thread
Black mask Service
Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Does the 'S' in SMIC stand for side or shit?

Tongue

Nearly there now, happy days Smile
Thanks given by:
(17-09-2013, 10:03 PM)c.gerrard Wrote: Does the 'S' in SMIC stand for side or shit?

Tongue

Nearly there now, happy days Smile

None of the above Karle. It stands for 'Super'
Obviously Rolleyes
Thanks given by:
nice setup lmao

looks flipping tight!

good progress though!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(18-09-2013, 07:05 AM)Piggy Wrote: looks flipping tight!

GIGGGGGGGEDY GOOOO!

It should "teoretically" be better than a top mount; we'll see!
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
just get to the scrappers...find a truck...yank out its intercooler and cable tie it to the bumper.

dumdum style
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
*theoretically
Thanks given by:
(18-09-2013, 07:31 AM)Piggy Wrote: just get to the scrappers...find a truck...yank out its intercooler and cable tie it to the bumper.

dumdum style

To be fair; all the above has been done; apart from the bumper part Doh
Thanks given by:
Might want to question where that theory came from bud... Wink Need to get yourself some airflow to that else it'll be worse than useless, under-bonnet temps will exceed intake temps unless you're really thrashing it, plus intercoolers don't make good radiators. Easiest way would be some ducting from the grill, but think that piping is going to make that difficult... Maybe a small duct feeding a fan fixed to the front of the cooler..?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Might as well have just connected it straight to the inlet tbf, specially if it's just to get it thru an mot...
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Bless you ginge. I do feel for you. All the heat from your hair has melted your brain lol
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
(18-09-2013, 12:35 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: Bless you ginge. I do feel for you. All the heat from your hair has melted your brain lol
Maybe he needs a slanted intercooler? whistle
Thanks given by:
(18-09-2013, 01:00 PM)Scott Wrote:
(18-09-2013, 12:35 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: Bless you ginge. I do feel for you. All the heat from your hair has melted your brain lol
Maybe he needs a slanted intercooler? whistle

It's all about the slanted interwarms ya'know....

Just need a DT centre section now!
Thanks given by:
It was either a top mount with NO ducting to it, a straight pipe from turbo to inlet or this attempt at some cooling.
There is plans to have some ducting at some point to it; i'm not claiming this is decent setup Doh

anywho, today..

[Image: QsS4Bhz.jpg]

[Image: SReULrA.jpg]

All front is back together more or less, interior the same, just yet to give the car some decent charge on the battery as it's flat as a pancake, get some coolant, new DT centre section as the decat on the DT is longer than a decat on a GTI.

bleed the coolant, then get the MOT on
Thanks given by:
Inlove

I hate being stuck at work while this is happening. My grease free hands however, are greatful.
Thanks given by:
DT centre section?
You can borrow my SS powerflow for an mot if you want. Its done 2 separate MOT's at 0.00 emissions! Hah
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(18-09-2013, 01:28 PM)4WayDiablo Wrote: DT centre section?
You can borrow my SS powerflow for an mot if you want. Its done 2 separate MOT's at 0.00 emissions! Hah

It looks like we've sourced one, thank you though! X
Thanks given by:
Want a jump? Lol or I have a trickle charger?
Thanks given by:
A jump could be handy mate Smile saves me waiting for the blasted 205 to return Smile

bring alllll the charging equipment lol

text/call me ThumbsUp
Thanks given by:
glad I could help
00' 106 Indy - Moonstone - Sold
97' 106 XT 1.6 - Mayerling Green - Swapped
95' 306 P1 DT - Onyx - Scrapped
97' 306 P2 DT - Silver - Scrapped
97' 306 P2 DT - Onyx - SORN awaiting scrap
Thanks given by:
Fair play mate, wasn't sure what your plans are. As long as you know its worse than a pipe straight from the turbo to the inlet in its current form. Something like half an hdi airbox would be ideal as ducting, I may be able to donate one shortly. Wink
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
So pretty fuming right now; as you saw, strictly_derv popped down to help put on the exhaust and also chip in at fitting his interwarmer.
4waydildo popped down to give some battery life, and got her running again, no boost, so rerouted the intercooler.

[Image: 8hTMFW8.jpg]

Then, shit hit the fan... popped the bonnet as i think it's struggling for fuel, and heard a squeel, smoke and within a second i shut the engine off.

WTF was that.... had a look around, couldn't see anything, then damn, saw the crank pulley hanging off by a thread - shit.

How/why it came off i don't know. It had been running and turning itself over for a week or so, driven a couple of times but decided to give up.

[Image: 07vjGGT.jpg]

and the puff of smoke i saw

[Image: lMBqQRl.jpg]

All in a state of shock to be fair, cambelt held on by a whisker. going to get to scrappy tomorrow, pick up a new pulley, check the timing hasn't slipped at all and try again.

Another f*cking hinderence on this journey Doh
Thanks given by:
I will fix it with a hammer tomorrow, don't worry
Thanks given by:
(18-09-2013, 04:40 PM)vlj Wrote: I will fix it with a hammer tomorrow, don't worry

lol let us pray it doesn't decide to sheer off and eat the cambelt again
Thanks given by:
Tap!

Thanks given by:
Oops, forget to tighten the nut ? Either that or you had a bit of belt / dirt between the pulleys when you did.
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
(18-09-2013, 05:09 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Oops, forget to tighten the nut ? Either that or you had a bit of belt / dirt between the pulleys when you did.

I honestly don't know/
I know me and vaughan were the last to touch the auxillary system before it went on the car, and that bolt was up TIGHT Undecided
Oh, PM coming your way also..
Thanks given by:
This looks to have been quite an experience for you all! Quick question though....are you leaving the GTi-6 badges on it? Hmm
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(18-09-2013, 05:19 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: Quick question though....are you leaving the GTi-6 badges on it? Hmm

I think Eli is going to look into something custom, perhaps the D from a DT, and make a GTD up? i dont know..Itwasntme

but yes, experience is one thing
Thanks given by:
Gtd-6? lol

Kudos to you guys anyway, not sure this is something I would have attempted tbh. Bit beyond my skill I think. At least you've got plenty of people around you to help out! ThumbsUp
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Project T Phase 2.5 Diablo DTurbo... Kwik 90 41,177 24-02-2021, 11:51 PM
Last Post: stevieg
Rainbow Diablo 306 HDi Project dhdcdarchy 80 21,112 28-03-2016, 07:06 PM
Last Post: JTaylor2005
  Foobys PH2 Diablo GTi6 Project Fooby 112 40,643 08-01-2016, 09:19 PM
Last Post: Jonny81191