Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Earth Points and Electrical Faults
wow that's a fair few electrical faults, but Peugeot so to be expected haha.
first off, for the horn i would find it first, in the front bumper behind the wheel arch liner, cant remember which side or if its a dual horn on a 306 sorry. once you found it check the condition of the wire itself as its prone to corrosion because of where its located.

the interior lights flashing might be an earth fault, check the earth in the drivers door, looking for loose wire/rust here, there is also an earth under the fuse box in the dash.

the rev counter could be as simple as a dirty contact on the engine side, does the rev counter work up until the car is hot then drop out or is it intermittent no matter what the temperature? the sensor is right on the back of the block over the flywheel, if you take the battery out its easy to see it, a black cable with a tapered end and a nut, simply disconnect from the block, clean the contact with a rag and some wd40 and see how that does.

indicators i would check earth points for the lights themselves, cant remember off the top of my head where youl find the earth, but itl be on the wing or the slam panel somewhere, again looking for corrosion to the contact, if that's the case, make a new earth by stripping back the wire to expose fresh copper, scrape away some paint in a new place near the original earth and simply put a new screw in with the wire trapped underneath, solder over the wire and the screw head to make an even better electrical contact. since the lights are still flashing and not just staying constantly on id be more inclined to say earth fault rather than relay.

the door looms are worth a check for any broken wires as the 306 is notorious for the loom breaking in the door, causing all sorts of problems

for the central locking, if everything is working except for the boot i would investigate the boot lock itself, check that the barrel isnt seized, can you lock the boot using the key?

erm that's all i can think of for now, always worth getting a haynes manual and looking up wiring diagrams for whats meant to be where, hope this helps you out a bit, first thing to do is get looking for those earth points, checking for corrosion to connection, making new earths if necessary see if that sorts any issues out Smile
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Earth Points and Electrical Faults - by ozonehostile - 19-12-2012, 01:42 AM
RE: Earth Points and Electrical Faults - by cully - 19-12-2012, 08:35 AM
RE: Earth Points and Electrical Faults - by cully - 21-12-2012, 05:20 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Earth locations pug306driver 2 868 22-01-2022, 04:19 PM
Last Post: pug306driver
  Electrical woes bashbarnard 13 2,966 06-06-2017, 11:16 AM
Last Post: bashbarnard
Rainbow Gearbox earth connection part FIXED Welshy_Pete 7 2,464 22-05-2016, 06:29 PM
Last Post: P-Courty