Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mercedes injector Nozzels with shimmed injectors & d8a
(23-11-2012, 02:05 PM)CJ_Derv Wrote:
(23-11-2012, 12:56 PM)Ruan Wrote: I've heard from a few sources that the Merc IDI nozzles aren't a perfect match for the Comet V precups our engines use... People have used them and have found the precups crack quicker... Remember that Mercedes used their own design precups, so I wouldnt be surprised if they specified their own design... Bosch don't release any of the OEM specifications which is why its so difficult half the time..

There's other nozzles which are more suited IMHO... Although injector nozzles on IDI engines are not really as important... 200+Hp has been made on OEM nozzles at OEM pressures...

Would i be correct in saying DVS' would be a better modification rather than nozzles Smile

Not necessarily, as if you modified/used different DV's you could end up with a crap load more fuel in the lines, the pressure would build earlier but the injectors would then break earlier too. You wouldn't necessarily just get more fuel, you'd find the injectors break too early too.

Higher flowing DV's in my head would work well with higher break nozzles though, as you'd have more chance of breaking the nozzles at the same time as standard ones if the pump's flow isn't up to it.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mercedes injector Nozzels with shimmed injectors & d8a - by cwspellowe - 23-11-2012, 09:45 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mercedes Turbo Mal 14 5,570 04-08-2013, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Mal