Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bosch pump max fuel and idle settings issue
Dum-Dum Wrote:Ruan yes I was talking generally. XUDs arent my specialty.

correct me if im wrong here but you still dont have a FMIC and I suspect your running a little more boost than Mr Flynn is aiming for which is what causes your massive EGTs

I get what your saying about the duration needed to haze on full power but lower boost = less oxygen = less duration and flow to achieve hazing.

Flynn the 2 bits you will most likely break if your doing a gov mod are the cradle and the top cap of the governor itself (the bit the circlip holds back) it has 4 tiny little legs and theyer fornicating easy to snap off.

Most small washers are 0.8mm thick, I used 4 of them when I did mine making 3.2mm and it revved all the way to 6k It would of gone more but i pussied out. These people shimming 9mm pumps and standard turbos 4+mm are wasting their time as the turbo is right out of its efficency range past 5k and the harder the gov is sprung the more likely something is to break as there is more pressure in the spring.

i have shimmed mine 5mm and it pulls very well but i have got a gt15 on atm am going too be doing a TD04 soon as i can get a good one but am going too put my t2 on soon untill i can get a TD04 i dont rag my car anyway she is well looked after so i shunt break nothing if i dont rag her Smile
[Image: mintsig.jpg]
STAGE2 XUD DEAD ATM ENGINE REBUILD
GARRET T2-BOSCH PUMP-GROUNDED LDA PIN-GOV MOD-FMIC-STRAIT THRU STAINLESS EXHAUST SYSTEM
COMING SOON TD04 Big Grin
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Re: Bosch pump max fuel and idle settings issue - by studturbo - 02-01-2012, 04:29 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Main Fuel Screw and Idle Speed ally406 6 1,768 28-05-2022, 10:20 AM
Last Post: Martin306
  Slack in bosch pump? dt_ 14 3,544 21-10-2020, 03:41 AM
Last Post: dt_
  Bosch pump help for newbie PugRy 2 2,028 05-01-2020, 09:09 PM
Last Post: jamie182