Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Norfolk Meet - Date 29th or 30th September
Hopefully we can generate enough interest and organise something for a few weeks time while the weather is still reasonable. After a bit of thought I have come up with the following;

Date - Either Saturday the 29/9 or Sunday 30/9. This is towards the end of the month so hopefully everyone will have been paid recently and wont complain about driving around, pub food costs etc.

My plan would be meet up in Norwich, somewhere like Whitlingham lake, have a chat, take photos, see who can skim a stone the furthest, and then drive towards Ipswich on the A140 and stop at a pub called the Old Ram Coaching Inn for lunch, they have a massive car park and host alot of other car meets so should be a good location, then head over the thetford on the A1066 and go to the same places we went to in January this year, the country park and then little sandy car park, you probably all know where I mean? And then head back towards norwich on the B1113 (because its a darn sight more fun to drive down than the A11), and then I would be game for going to somewhere like St. Andrews multi storey which will be deserted so we can make loud exhaust noises and have some where dry and light (because it will inevitably be cold and rainy) to chat some more and get some decent photographs... Click the link below to see the 'route'. Obviously certain people will want to probably join/leave at different places which is fine, but I know me/jake/ben/mowle/diggers all live in Norwich so this is the start/finish for us!

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?saddr=T....

If anybody can remember the exact location of the place in the photos below then let me know and il pin point it on the route map. I know it wasnt to far from the Golf course car park....

[Image: 6654914149_c0bf3e5278_z.jpg]
306oc meet by Daan!, on Flickr

[Image: 6654902393_29c2dbe3d0_z.jpg]
Ed's GTi6 by Daan!, on Flickr

Hopefully we will meet initially in Norwich at around 1pm, get to the Old ram for 2.30pm, leave the old ram at 3.45pm, get to thetford for 4.30pm, leave thetford at 6pm, get back to norwich (St. Andrews car park) for 7pm by which time it should be starting to get dark.

Feel free to comment on the route or locations if you have any better ideas.

Cheers, Dan.

1. Dan and Hannah
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Norfolk Meet - Date 29th or 30th September - by Dan! - 27-08-2012, 02:50 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Essex Meet - Wednesday 20th September - The Grange, Boreham (Chelmsford) Silky 3 2,305 26-09-2017, 08:23 AM
Last Post: Silky
  Snetterton 20th September 306gtiparts 1 2,065 14-09-2017, 03:38 PM
Last Post: Eeyore
  Pugrun 2017 (New Forest) - Sunday 30th April Poodle 59 29,209 06-05-2017, 10:18 PM
Last Post: partybish