Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Introduction and search for help with my 306 Cabrio
(22-08-2021, 09:29 AM)Mighty306 Wrote: I think that would be the correct purge solenoid valve. They are easy to test though - just 2 pins. If the solonoid is healthy you should get 50 ohms of resistance across the pin. You can also check that it operates by putting 12v across the pins (in the correct polarity - pin 2 is live, pin 1 earth).

You'll also need to check the wiring to the solenoid. I think it will probably be earth switched by the ECU so the earth wire will lead back to the ECU.

As for the mixture regulation, that could be any number of things, although you'd experience some other symptoms with a few of them:

> Vacuum leak on the inlet side
> Exhaust leak (e.g. manifold gasket or cracked manifold)
> Dirty throttle body
> Poor spark (ignition coil)
> Dirty/clogged injectors
> Tired O2 (Lambda) sensor

> Faulty idle air control valve (or wiring to it). You'd likely also have high / low idle issues with this one though.
> Faulty MAP sensor (or wiring to it)
> Faulty TPS (or wiring to it)
> Faulty coolant temp sensor (or wiring to it)

Sorry, but the cars are of an age where they don't give very specific fault codes. I had the same thing & it turned out to be the MAP sensor. It'll get expensive if you go down the road of trying to replace sensors to find the fault. You need to find a way to test them, using vehicle-specific data or if someone has Peugeot Planet you can look at live data for some of the sensors.

I've never plugged mine into anything (yet - touch wood it's not really needed anything, although it's a bit fluffy / hesitant on pick up) but is there a complete list of fault codes for specific engines?
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Introduction and search for help with my 306 Cabrio - by Sinbad - 22-08-2021, 09:48 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introduction Sue Hillman 7 1,973 23-07-2021, 02:10 PM
Last Post: Sinbad
  Introduction Tonymorsink 0 967 10-05-2021, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Tonymorsink
  Introduction Tonymorsink 0 930 10-05-2021, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Tonymorsink