Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could have been worse ...I guess :(
Cheers Tom.  I'm still hoping to sort it out privately with the transport company involved.  Have finally managed to speak to them & they have said they have suspended the driver pending investigation as he didn't follow company procedure following an accident!  I have to admit I hadn't planned to keep this car as it's always been a bit shabby on the outside.  Among other things the roof or windscreen at the top leak.  (Have sealed aerial & checked the sunroof drains but water still comes in).  It's never run quite right either & haven't managed to get to the bottom of it.

I only really bought this one as a stopgap n planned on keeping a few parts off it before sending it on its way.  It came with pristine GTi-6 alcantara leather seats n a few other bits worth keeping.  Thing is I've been too busy to sort either of the other cars out but.  Will have to crack on now but even then, with other things it'll be months before I get one of them back on the road.  If I can find a decent 2nd hand bumper without too much hassle I'll probably bung that on & be done with it.  Repairing the damage to the wing just isn't worthwhile.  Have spoken to the insurers & notified them of the incident but not yet made an official claim. They confirmed they would almost certainly write the car off.  I guess if you've done a lot of work to restore a 306 the thing to do is to try to agree a higher valuation with the insurer to try to save it being written off for relatively minor damage.

The MoT is due in about 2 weeks so might just bung it though as it is, although I'll need to find a way to fix the o/s fog lamp back in place. The inner steering rods, TRE's & wishbones / bushes have literally just been replaced in preparation!
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Could have been worse ...I guess :( - by Mighty306 - 21-06-2019, 10:29 AM