Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RWD XUD9 Jimny Based Drift Buggy Lashup...
Evening peeps.
New (long time coming) project is a RWD only Jimny with a XUD9 Transplant. Already got most of the bits I think. Just need to lash it all together and hope it works. 
Was thoroughly inspired by XUD Missile's MK Indy build and this made me go out and buy random XUD related bits  Rolleyes  

I would like a UTV / SxS tube buggy thing but we live in England, it rains half the time, and I like having doors to lock and I don't have £10k lying around. 
So after finding a random video of a suzuki Jimny with a SR20? something Jap engine transplant drifting around I got on ebay and went and bought an old Jimny. 

Current pile of bits includes a XUD9 lump, and LDV Pilot gearbox, an Hdi Flywheel, a butchered Grand Vitara IFS wishbones and rack and a Bosch pump and related bits. Spool/Locking diff on the cards as an LSD for a Jimny is about £1million dollars.
Have managed to buy a complete Non turbo LDV setup which gives me a steel sump and engine mounts designed for RWD fitment. 

Hoping to run 130-140HP if possible. The Jimny is fairly light at 1085kg give or take. I'll be ditching the front axle and related 4x4 crap and hopefully making a tube front for it. 

I will have engine setup type questions and also would love to here from anyone who know about clutch setups on RWD XUD's I've read what I can from XUDmissiles thread but not exactly sure what to go for. 

Fabrication not too big an issue, but clutch / gearbox spacing would rather just buy bits and bash it together than re-inventing stuff.  
Mainly going to be cracking into this next month, got to try to get it turned around reasonably fast if I can.. famous last words. 
Any comments welcome as are useful info/bits I might need etc.!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RWD XUD9 Jimny Based Drift Buggy Lashup... - by Slicks - 14-11-2018, 10:35 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  306 drift action d-jimbo 10 2,378 24-05-2012, 07:03 PM
Last Post: kingy