Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dr_jekyll Rebuild, why you no start?
(27-07-2018, 12:18 PM)Ruan Wrote: Engine light will always stay on whilst the engine is stopped - until it has cam/crank sync and it's run it's post start tests and the engine is running, it'll stay on. Sounds like immobiliser to me in honesty, try and get some live data out of it and see if you're getting engine speed reported.

It won't attempt to start checking for cam/crank sync until it's happy it's got the crank signal and it can read engine speed. If you've got RPM readings in live data during cranking and it doesn't log a cam sync fault, it's got sync fine. If it's cam sync issues, you usually get a code for that pretty quickly, there's not fuel pressure faults to say that it's not making enough fuel pressure to start, worth checking in live data, but suspect it'll have it.

The inertia switch does nothing but interrupt power to the in tank pump, it won't stop the engine from starting if the in-tank pump is running.

You really need PP2k to diagnose this kinda stuff.

Cheers for that Ruan, contacted a friend who's got a snap on diag machine so hoping that'll be able to read as deep as PP2K.
In haste ive already ordered an ecu from hdi_tuning as dont wanna wait around to long for it. Also want it for later on anyway.
Put the battery on charge to try help things along and she's pulling 8 amp's so may have sucked the life out of that too.

Will get the unlocked ecu on and my mate over and go from there

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk
Still Living For The 306  Rofl

306 Ph1 Dturbo Estate
205 1.9 GTI (Rust.In.Pieces)
306 HDI Stage 3 Estate (Rust.In.Pieces)
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dr_jekyll Rebuild, why you no start? - by dr_jekyll - 27-07-2018, 12:34 PM