Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Extremely high idle rev on 1.4 Meridian
Hey guys,

I experienced a one-off idle rev problem the other evening and I haven't found anything on here so far that seems to match the problem, and I just wanted to run it by you as it was pretty weird. It was freezing outside, though I initially started the car fine, normal RPM etc, although the ABS light didn't come off, so I turned it back off and on again, and this time the revs were through the roof, maybe 3500-4000, as if my foot was just on the accelerator. I turned it off and on a couple of more times and had the same problem. I was really so not in a good place to be breaking down, so I just sort of worked with it, reversed out of where I had been parked, controlling these extremely high revs, and then stop/started another two times, and the second time, it started absolutely fine. I then drove it some 70 miles via three other stops and experienced no problems, I have just tried it now and all seems fine. I know idle revs go up in the cold but this seems to have been a one-off and went away as quickly as it came. For what it's worth however, each time I started as the RPMs shot up, I pretty much turned it off after only a couple of seconds and didn't let it sit to see of it would go down itself.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,
Harry.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Extremely high idle rev on 1.4 Meridian - by Pughawk - 14-01-2018, 04:57 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Idle Roaming on 1.6 meridian cateraxe 7 2,732 29-10-2016, 05:40 PM
Last Post: allye