Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What to check on a car which has been parked for a while
Right so my 306 has been parked for over 2 months as I've been driving my other car.

I'm thinking of putting it back on the road again but wanted an opinion on what things to check on a car which has been parked for a while.

So far what I've done is:
Checked oil and all other fluids

Checked tyre preasure

Jump started the car and left it running for around half an hour to get some charge in the battery

Before I start driving it properly it is getting treated to a full service including timing belt.

The main issue I have is a seized rear brake I know I should have left the hand brake off but I wasn't expecting it to sit there for so long.

Anything else that you guys recommend checking? It is running pretty sweet apart from the siezed brake. At first the power felt pretty flat as if there was turbo related problems but that seems to be ok now too after giving it a good drive (this could be because I'm used to an e320 merc and could be all in my head lol).

Oh the gears seem very stiff especially from 1st to 2nd could this be due to it being parked for some time
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
What to check on a car which has been parked for a while - by Moh - 16-09-2015, 11:18 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Leaving a car parked up for long periods Iceman299 21 3,957 31-07-2015, 03:09 PM
Last Post: maxzy
  Car hit while parked, worth pursuing? lewisdmz 14 2,077 15-02-2015, 08:09 PM
Last Post: Niall