Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black smoke with exhaust and egr valve smoke in engine
I just got my peugeot 306 hdi 99% done all the parts cheap and done by my self and afew friends. I just fitted the last part needed the slam panel everything fine. But now something serious has started a nightmare. I also drove the car 10miles before all this and it was driving fine. But abit of black smoke when the turbo kicks in. Also wen your foot right down. Its allways done this also on tick over reving it.

I think the car run out of diesel cause I was on a hill. It just wouldn't go up the hill so I put some more diesel in the car it then moved fine.

Big problem black smoke you cant see out the back window! Also there no power in the car it struggles like hell. I dont think I can get the turbo to come on when driving.

The car felt like its been going slower recently sluggish. But when I first got it was flying around like a bat out of hell.

The car start up fine, ticks over fine. It doesn't smoke on tick over left running. But god knows wats going on its no good for the road unless Im mad max to get rid of the bad guys!

Its just black soot coming out the exhaust. There no blue, white or oil from the exhaust.

Just been outside in the car with bright LED torches they show up everything. The egr valve the black smoke comes out of that unit?

The egr valve I have you can see a bar in the middle. There like a valve moving up and down it stays near the top 1/4 posistion then rev goes in abit?

306 hdi
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Black smoke with exhaust and egr valve smoke in engine - by Welshy_Pete - 23-04-2012, 06:42 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Reducing Smoke? JTaylor2005 4 2,563 07-04-2020, 08:57 AM
Last Post: Ruan
  Smoke from the big pulley wainwrightj 11 4,387 15-11-2018, 09:42 AM
Last Post: pug306driver
Information Black smoke? Durham-Motor-service-Pug 8 3,059 03-05-2018, 05:38 AM
Last Post: Uberderv