Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
darrenjlobb's Adaptronic Managed Compound Blown Derv Bus Build
(10-01-2017, 05:57 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Awesome work mate, I can't believe the attention to detail that's gone into the recent work on this. It's really phenomenal, I'd be happy if I could achieve 10% of your attention to detail.

On another note have you started blagging post offices or created a meth lab to pay for that ECU? Smile

Haha Cheers Chris, and heh, no, just the last few years of saving / selling things I don't need!!

As an update to the thread, things are going fairly well. Now really enters the time of "not alot to see" but in reality huge progress is being made on most evenings at the moment.

I am becoming much more familier with the ECU now, becoming much faster at flipping around the logic / software , which is speeding up production somewhat to say the least.

The video of it "running" was really with 0 calibration, literally just enough that the injector outputs were getting an angle and a duration, but thats about it. So the hard work has really began since that point....

I took the decision to entirely re write the logic for firstly the injection quantity, and then the injection angle logic. Have basically re-worked the logic to work with actual fuel volumes, much like EDC does, rather than just working with durations / fuel pressure. Several reasons for this, but mainly just because once you have got the logic set up in such a way that everything is working in the same unit, mm3 of fuel, it is easy to see what is going on, and also means changing injectors is just a case of entering new injector cal information, and all your previous work will still work, as the ecu will just recalculate based on the new injector cal information, and deliver the same quantity (mm3) of fuel regardless of rail pressure / injector size.

First step was basically setting up some new ECU pages, and creating the logic for it, so in essence, a fuel request map (pedal), then correction maps (MAP / temp / torque limiter etc) and then injector calibration, to convert the request mm3 into a injector duration in uS based upon rail pressure at that given time. Obviously then had to convert the idle control to also give a mm3 request into the loop, to allow the engine to idle on its own / take load and torque without stalling. 

The same has basically been done for the injection angle logic, starting from scratch, with control over both the pilot and main injection start angles in all conditions. 

Have also spent quite alot of time removing routines that arnt used but on ECU pages as stock with the e1280. Just to tidy it up, as was still alot of petrol related logic kicking around that was totally un-used now. So that has removed quite a few pages in total and seriously tidied up other pages! 

Once the car was running with the new configuration, (took a bit of fettling with the idle loop, and also learning a few things about the injector output module in Sekuku) but fairly quickly got it running, and was idling with the expected fuel quantity, so was looking good.

Next wanted to see how far out the injector cal was, so Ruan sorted me out with the stock values from a 110HDi with respect to the requested fuel and torque limiter values)...idea being in theory, if my injector cal is correct, the car should perform a full power run, and return pretty much the same results as a stock HDI, as it would be seeing the same mm3 request values... So banged in all the data, ran it up on the dyno, and made a peak of 106hp, pretty much bang on what it should have. And made a surprisingly good dyno graph at the same time! So that was great news / basically confirmed the theory was correct, and the injectors were putting in pretty much bang on the fuel we were asking them to!.

Noticed during these pulls that the crude initial boost control wasnt working to well, due to the nature of the compound setup, so next step really is to sort out re writing the logic for a true compound turbo control system keeping the primary in its peak flow area at all times. 

Boring update really but making some big leaps forward in reality, just nothing to show for it! All a massive learning curve for me, and only now am I really starting to see the potential of this ECU, more I get familier with it, the more I realise it is capable of!

Cheers!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: darrenjlobb's Adaptronic Managed Compound Blown Derv Bus Build - by darrenjlobb - 13-01-2017, 10:33 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Daves Compound Twin turbo XUD Dave 333 137,436 11-09-2015, 10:30 PM
Last Post: Dave