Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
tud bad running after collision with a deer
Hi I'm posting about my brothers 106. He had an incident with a deer in Scotland over the weekend at 60mph. This has caused a bit of a lot of damage as you can imagine. It looks bad, but its almost worth fixing. Maybe. 

The thing that makes the difference is it's now running very badly. It just about starts but idles very lumpy, and black smoke out the exhaust. Not a constant stream but every time it "lumps" another thick puff comes out. Part of the impact did send the slam panel and radiator onto the fuel pump. Also when it's started, when trying to rev, it will pick up by about 200rpm for about 15 seconds, then splutter, then die.

I think there's one of 2 (or both) causes. Either it's hit the pump that hard it's rotated it therefore sent the timing out (if it's rotated it, the top has gone backwards when looking from the front, so if that would advance the timing, we know it's not that, but if that retards it, then we've got hope). My other thought is it's hit it that hard it's damaged the pump internally so the regulator or governor or whatever the thing that controls fueling is called, has as good as bitten the dust. 

Anyway, I looked last night and couldn't see where to loosen the pump to rotate it. Looking at Haynes it sounds like pump timing is adjusted in the pump. But something is nagging me and wing settle, so I thought I'd ask, how is pump timing adjusted on a tud with a Bosch pump. And does my unqualified assessment sound any good?
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
tud bad running after collision with a deer - by firemoth - 22-12-2014, 10:00 AM