Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ian from Glasgow with the Diablo Red 6
I bought a low mileage six about 3 weeks ago.

Drove it up from London and it was brilliant.

The reason for buying was turning 40 and having not done anything to a car in 20 years. I used to work on Mk1 and Mk2 fiestas i had. Made a wee earner out of going to scrappy's and picking up bits, and selling on. My dad used to buy do and up and sell cars so he had all the tools and skills. So was handy to get him to help when i was struggling. Eg he showed me how to manually grind the valves on the kitchen work surface. Best thing was my mum didn't seem to bother. My OH now....well she expects a tidy garage. And actually hates the fact i spend time on the car.

Anyway. So the AC had packed in when i bought the car. Was apparently working but they went to recharge it for me and it sprung a leak. Likely story but i bought the car anyway. So i'm currently struggling away having removed the radiator, condensor and dryer. Need to get the lower AC pipes off. But everything is corroded as expected on a 16 year old car so getting bits off isn't easy. Still it's not my DD so no rush. The only concern is lack of daylight in the coming months. But i had a head torch somewhere.

Driving the car was a blast. I'm loving the tape deck (found one tape i hadn't thrown out from 20 yearsa ago - i threw out all my tapes this summer! Still annoys me!) and cd changer (have House of Pain, Metallica's Black album and Snoop Dog which was the soundtrack to my 91 and when i first past my test.)

After the AC is sorted. I plan to get the squidy steering bits sorted, then the suspension B12 Pro Kit seems likely but still lots of reading to do. Then get a steering wheel which sits closer to me.

Currently spamming for 100 so i can buy bits of the breakers on here.

Strut brace, spark plugs, xsara mists (i bought the wrong ones first time!), aero wipers, K&N filter, gearbox oil all sitting waiting to be done once the car is back running.

Am on the look out for 16" alloys too. The Cyclones are in bad condition and i have 4 different tyres too!

The final thing i will do is sort out the paintwork. Lots of laquer peel on Diablo Red I plan on having a go myself. As that is the reason for me buying the car. But last resort i will get it done by a body shop.

Anyway i'm Ian from Glasgow! Smile
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Ian from Glasgow with the Diablo Red 6 - by MisterGTR - 01-09-2014, 10:49 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Newbie From Glasgow, Need A Bit Of Help Too ! Chris_GlanzaV98 6 1,630 30-01-2013, 11:40 AM
Last Post: kentiiboii