Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
not running after engine degrease
car was running real sweet, and has done for many years... in my mistake i decided yesterday to give the engine bay a good spruce up, and degrease / clean prior to its annual m.o.t.

anyway liberal squirting of degreaser everywhere, and engine nice and clean my missus took it out yesterday, and things are not good.. car is lurching, and losing power, not completely stalling but very dangerous to drive.

I have removed spark plugs, and given them a good clean after it started to play up, and i have removed the coil pack, and dried it out on my rediator i thought i had it this morning but its still the same...

I have worked on this car numerous times, and its so easy i just dont want to get rid of it... I suspect it may be the coil pack its still the original car is on 122,000 miles... there is a seperation of the plastic and the potting compund on the coil pack sagem bae04... does this seem to point to a coil pack that has some water get in to it... please advise.. as i have m.o.t in a few days and dont want to spend 100's of pounds on it....

i have already spent too much on it in the last few years...
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
not running after engine degrease - by handsomejackuk - 20-08-2014, 02:57 PM
RE: not running after engine degrease - by Niall - 20-08-2014, 04:25 PM
RE: not running after engine degrease - by Niall - 20-08-2014, 04:41 PM
RE: not running after engine degrease - by Grant - 20-08-2014, 05:05 PM
not running after engine degrease - by DavidA - 20-08-2014, 06:53 PM
RE: not running after engine degrease - by Ruan - 05-09-2014, 12:30 PM