Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alloy wheels, spacers, sprigot rings and bolts
hi guys,

this is going to sound very dumb and i think i can answer my own question but someone maybe able to tell me straight off.

I currently have SMR's fitted to my 306 but when i bought the car there was no locking wheel nuts on it, someone had replaced them them with four not so good bolts (wasnt aware till removed wheels).

Anyway i have a set of brand new bbs with new tyres which i bought for another car but havent used i was going to fit them to the 306 but undecided yet due to mot being due soon and my tyres not being so great.

I have flat bolts currently for the smrs, but was wondering what locking wheels nut to go in, i presume a set off ebay will do?

Anyway to fit the bbs wheels to see what it looks like i will obviously need spacers 10mm to clear the brakes and was wondering if anyone has used the solid ones before and if its actually legal to do?

I presume then i will need 16 new bolts and they need to be the tapered ones not normal bolts, but obviously a different length due to spacers?

Along with this i will need spigot rings as the bbs on a quick look dont sit properly on the hub, i presume this is straight forward but wanted to know if there is a particular set i need or if any will do, just bit suspect over buying bits alot cheaper on ebay as to whether they are as good as going into a local car shop?

Also then this will mean bolts i buy surely will need to be longer than standard ones because of the spacers, i have 20mm spacers that fit but they make the wheels sit outside the arches which is something i do not wish to do...

I would appretiate any input as i dont want a wheel coming off or the car not to be legal.

thanks
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Alloy wheels, spacers, sprigot rings and bolts - by mspdan - 06-01-2014, 01:50 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Alloy Wheel Bolts rdstars 2 1,363 16-03-2017, 05:01 PM
Last Post: rdstars
  Peugeot 405 Mi16 Wheels and Bolts xanax 14 2,874 19-12-2015, 12:52 AM
Last Post: Rippthrough
  Spacers on the front wheels PugRory 8 2,310 04-11-2015, 08:53 AM
Last Post: PugRory