Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Going for a bigger car next year....
A lot of the cheaper e46s are ropey as fk now. Bushes, shocks etc deteriorated to buggery. Id rather drive a vectra than a soggy bmw :p

As standard, bmw camber setup is ghey and set to neutral/understeery bias. Easily fixed though as front and rear camber is fully adjustable as standard, at least it is on an e46.

Drive my well setup e46, and you wouldn't want to go back to something fwd with a transverse 4pot rough diesel (removing all badge sterotyping / labelling / loyalty of course I'm sure many would agree). Near 50/50 weight distribution with rwd, its a very pleasant, involving drive with decent feedback - a rarity these days on the newer platforms across the makes.

(14-08-2013, 09:35 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: The Audi A4 saloon v6 that ive got a beast family car tbh, lots of power, runs on the motorway like a tank, reliable, safe, good mpg, but still "fun" to drive if you on your own, even if it is a tank....

I cant stand VAG / but being a bit older, its not to bad, can be a farce to work on tho ill give it that, but in general, if left alone / looked after, its a good car. Ive been driving it for ages, and feels very odd to get in anything else now from a "comfort" / " long run" point of view. And itl still make me smile in the b roads..good machine really Tongue

Personally, ive never driven a vauxall that has impressed me / had any form of driver feedback other than proper old stuff...very very bland cars to drive imo, also utter ****ts to work on imo.worse than vag / bmw for that!

Is this the shape you have Darren - the b5? I had an s4 b5. Lovely car, horrific safety though. But at least it would plough through the other car - taaank!

http://www.euroncap.com/tests/audi_a4_1997/14.aspx
[Image: brokendown-1-1-1.jpg]

Dturbo GT2259s build thread;
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-3692.html

Daily driver; 330d Msport (doesn't blow up!)
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Going for a bigger car next year.... - by C.A.R. - 14-08-2013, 02:09 PM
RE: Going for a bigger car next year.... - by n0v0s - 15-08-2013, 04:15 AM
RE: Going for a bigger car next year.... - by C2K - 15-08-2013, 07:12 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thinking of a bigger turbo? Dum-Dum 30 4,830 01-09-2014, 11:32 AM
Last Post: darrenjlobb
  bigger turbo on a astra 1.7 dti bayley 7 2,755 13-11-2012, 09:28 AM
Last Post: Oil-burner