Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peugeot 306. Project: improving safety
From knowledge of the phase 3 safety features, the thought has occured to me that I might be able to install them in a phase 1 if I get a controller from a phase 3 and get the passenger and side airbags as well. I am not actually planning to do this, far too much hassle for little gain but what would be involved in implementing such?

And perhaps while you are there have some more side impact beams welded to between the door skins as the standard side impact beam is only; well it is just that, a beam, not beams as in plural. Also what could be done to improve front protection? Perhaps some extra bracing to the chassis legs for good measure?

Normally these things need a lot of simulations and tests running to see how certain structures will be affected by the extra rigidity etc and how it would effect the crumple zones, but only a little bit more metal can't hurt, or can it?

Just thinking in terms of plans for the future, might not hurt to update the phase 1's safety features a little bit if it can be implemented for reasonable value. Anyone else got any bright ideas? :roll:
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Peugeot 306. Project: improving safety - by Flynn - 21-01-2012, 03:42 PM