Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Day 1 Of the Derv-Beast Commuter challenge
Okay, so a quick update....

I received a new interior clock, a pair of electric wingmirrors with body colour caps, a pair of leather rear headrests and an arch liner.

All were fitted over the weekend and all work/look great!

The previous owner had attempted to cover the wing mirrors with some kind of carbon wrap and had totally ruined them.

So yesterday I took a 340 mile round trip down to see Steve at HDI Tuning....

Firstly I just want to say a massive thank you to him. He went above and beyond the call of duty, and gave me some excellent tips and advice. Top guy!

The car is running sweet now! The remap has made such a difference. The drivability is much improved, both on the motorway and through city traffic, it's so much easier to drive.

I'm now running a full stage 2 with 155bhp and 360nm.

Steve deleted the egr and also fitted the 1800 bar fps. Unfortunately the one I got in the box of bits that came with the car, that was brand new, refused to work. Luckily Steve had a spare in his garage and very kindly sold it to me and fitted it for a reasonable price.

There were a few issues highlighted following the remap. In Steves words my clutch is "like buttuuurrrr!"

It has slipped a fair bit, but I am learning to drive round the torque to prevent it happening. Obviously it's going to need replacing to fully exploit the remap.

Also there was no air box or filter fitted to the car! I feel so stupid that I hadn't noticed this before and i'll be rectifying this as soon as possible.

So thats were i'm now up to!

Got a few other bits and bobs on order to tidy up the exterior, including a new set of headlights.

Oh, and if anyone has an uprated clutch for sale please let me know!

Thanks again to Steve, and if anyone out there is considering a remap, do it! And go to see Steve, he knows his stuff!
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Day 1 Of the Derv-Beast Commuter challenge - by Jonny-Derv-Beast - 16-08-2017, 08:58 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New diablo beast crumpy 42 9,280 29-06-2014, 04:35 PM
Last Post: crumpy
  My low and slow chequred beast Dan 10 4,530 30-12-2011, 07:52 PM
Last Post: Dan