Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cheez's Shed/Workshop/Man Cave Thread
(28-03-2016, 06:39 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Shedception!  How are you gonna get the other one out now though lol?

We broke it up. The idea was to leave the old one standing for as long as possible as it still had stuff in it.

Just as a note, this was done in July 2014 hence the sun and no signs of Storm Katie.

As you can see, we were never getting it out in one piece with the next step. Bracing put in and made the window frames.
[Image: qpB28Fd.jpg]

If you look carefully on the top left, you can see we've started on the roof once we were done with the uprights. At this point the whole thing was fairly wobbly. (Also, the aforementioned cabin in the neighbours garden)
[Image: 9svNf4x.jpg]

Bracing (right word?) for the roof. I would measure and Dad would cut, which was fun as he used feet and inches and I use mm. That caused some shouting, headaches and a couple pieces to be wrong.
[Image: JDtSFaM.jpg]

All of the plan for this was done by Dad. He worked it all out in his head, figured out what he needed to order and handled it all. I pretty much did as I was told a lot of the time.

It always amazes me as I have to write down or draw these sorts of things so I can visualise my plan, whereas he just has it up there and we just start nailing bits together.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cheez's Shed/Workshop/Man Cave Thread - by bigcheez2k3 - 30-03-2016, 11:48 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RetroPug's Man Cave RetroPug 24 6,076 17-01-2017, 08:54 PM
Last Post: RetroPug