Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bollocks, Bugger, Arse and f*ck!!!!!
Exclamation 
So the rallye is a write off.

Drove through some shallow flood water and the rallye conked out, tried to restart but wouldn't, felt very 'heavy' as it tried to turn over so assume hydrolocked. Was the 4th bit of kerb deep water I'd been through on my way to work but obviously caught it funny, possibly the wash from a car going the opposite direction just made it too deep for the poor rallye.

Anyway the water kept rising and rising and by the time the fire brigade got there and winched me out it was very near the top of the front tyres and covering the seat bases inside the car. My side repeaters even have water in. Car is ruined, electrics have gone stupid, it's soaked inside and the engine is gonna be scrap most likely.

My pictures were taken after I'd called the AA and work, it genuinely was only just over kerb/sill depth when I went in. Also I'll point out I was the first one to get stuck, the BMW and the Clio saw that I was stuck and decided to have a go anyway so I'm not the biggest idiot of the day.

Made the local press (and BBC London) http://www.harrowtimes.co.uk/news/136279...?ref=fbshr

Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Bollocks, Bugger, Arse and f*ck!!!!! - by Dum-Dum - 27-08-2015, 12:03 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  oh bugger dog house tonight cully 10 3,232 14-12-2017, 09:26 AM
Last Post: Eeyore
  pain in the arse! procta 14 4,272 22-08-2014, 02:25 PM
Last Post: PartyJas
  Goodwood Racing - Made My Arse Twitch bigcheez2k3 1 1,434 08-04-2014, 08:30 AM
Last Post: Chris_90