Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flat spots running Veg?? read on >>>>
It doesn't really matter if it runs at high RPMs or not... You want to keep the advance curve in check all the time, it's a major component to how the engine runs and it's efficiency - people just assume because it's running, the curve is there, but soon as there's any sign of struggling for fuel, the advance is the first thing to drop, literally, the slightest suction will cause a massive drop in case pressure and pull timing off - which is the difference of the advance curve starting to come in at 1500rpm or say 2500rpm - that whole time the engine will be running badly, let alone the increased ignition delay of veg oil... You need more timing to compensate, but just not at the wrong RPM!

Some day when I'm bored and have time, I'll fit the needle lift feedback system off a later XUD with the electronic advance system and measure the advance curve... You want to have the least restriction without adding positive pressure IMHO.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Flat spots running Veg?? read on >>>> - by Ruan - 08-12-2014, 12:23 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flat spots in acceleration Andy annear 7 2,138 14-08-2013, 11:03 AM
Last Post: Matt