Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone from berwick? Flashed at 50mph in a 60mph zone
Daniel, I know the road you are meaning, and it is 50, 60 and some parts were 70.
That part of the A1 on route to Scotland is a bastard for speed cameras! we call it speed camera hell! also bare this in mind, further down the A1 as you are heading south, going thru Gateshead / hexham turn off area etc, that used to be a 70 and that was changed a few years ago to 50mph,

My dad did 80 mph in my car once coming back from knock hill once, as we took turns on driving, I drove there and he drove back, but he was very un disciplined with speed sadly. I said hang on there is a speed camera and your clocking 80! he had to hit the brakes and proceeded down to 60 mph, Mind he would have took the points, I wouldn't have as he was driving. Anyway he was slowing down when he reached the camera and it didn't go off, so not sure what happened there. But it took him another speed trap van to catch him last year, just after he got shot of a set of points, since he has gotten the landy 90, it wont move as quick as the jeep or the 306, so now he has to keep his speed down. I wont trust him with the rover at all, as wont take notice of the speedo of the car. When he has been testing it with me, I have had to tell him to back down and LOOK at the speedo, as it will climb dead easy.

but bare this in mind lads, if you are heading up to Scotland on that road, as soon as you pass holy island turn off,
the trees and bushes are not that well cut, so they do hide the cameras,
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anyone from berwick? Flashed at 50mph in a 60mph zone - by procta - 23-08-2014, 11:27 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Highway to the danger zone Fooby 2 1,282 22-01-2013, 11:58 PM
Last Post: Strikeforce
  0-60?? 459ft - 60mph ginge191 22 3,334 02-01-2012, 05:39 PM
Last Post: ginge191