Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hdi or XUD... Pros and cons info needed.
I'll definitely say "Mechanical Sympathy" is a lost art.....

XUD - you can totally f*ck with the calibration of the engine with a 13mm, 10mm and a flat head screwdriver and from the amount of XUDs you see hammering coal out the back door, people really do f*ck with the calibration!

HDi - you've got to understand checksums, find the maps, understand re-scaling axes, offsets and factors before you can understand what you're doing.

This means that an XUD has to put up with whatever Bob and his 13mm can do to it... I personally think it's bloody incredible what they will put up with...

HDi if it thinks something is wrong, it'll just shut off or turn down the power output, it has maps which make it inject less/more fuel when the fuel is too hot to protect the CR pump, it can stop so much fuel if the coolant is getting too hot... You've got so many more levels of safety, hence they "seem" more reliable because you can't circumvent that as easily - trust me, if you could, all of that would be disabled and they'd be just as unreliable!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hdi or XUD... Pros and cons info needed. - by Ruan - 03-07-2014, 03:27 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  steel wheel info needed.. Ben 8 1,614 23-10-2012, 08:01 PM
Last Post: Poodle
  general info on big end bearings needed Ricky 25 4,586 13-10-2012, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Ricky