Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FCS 2015 - How to be the best club!
I know the club didn't win any awards at FCS this year unlike 2013 and I heard alot of people discussing how we could be the best club at FCS for 2015 so I thought while people remember what e think we could do better we might as well have a discussion about it and share some ideas.

It has to be said that I'm not having a go at the staff team here, I'm one of the few non staff that know how hard it is to get anything done in the staff section and not just cos of the blah of work/personal circumstances but because threads in the staff section can run through pages of discussion and wrangling and voting and still not reaching any actionable conclusion because alot of the staff feel strongly about this club but not all the same.

There are some of us here who aren't staff who are happy to help with stuff and organising stuff to get things done and there is a big group of us that would love to be number 1 club (well probably number 2 behind the DS3UK guys but their stand is a hard act to follow) and show up these spotty 106 wankers and people who don't know shit about cars (ooh RSTuning remap fap fap fap).

Anyway, I ramble too much.

Firstly and this is club stand 101 but remember the f*cking banner! I'm sure I didn't see it all weekend and I'm not blaming the person who forgot it cos I have a stack of OC flyers here that would of been great but haven't been out of my house in over a year because I forget them. I think some sort of reminder system the day before would be good. Maybe post a thread with all the big stuff that needs remembering and everyone who is mates with say the person bring them with the banner text them the day before.

Stand positioning. We have had that crappy little stand years in a row and its not big enough to get a decent layout and space between the cars. In talking to Suzanne from FCS/PFC she said if we want a bigger stand we need to show we have enough cars and then you can pick where you want to go as long as it hasn't been claimed by one of the other clubs so we could maybe either get ourselves in the main showground or get the area opposite/next to our usual stand.

The above would help with a better layout and more cars on the front row. Layout is vital as the DS3UK uys and one or 2 others prove. I think every car on the stand needs placed and it needs to have a bit of a selection to it, no parking all the rallyes next to each other of having 2 SC6s side by side, it looks good when every area has a really good selection of every facet. It also helps with parking and organising.

The stand map from last year with numbered spaces was great especially when it was marked on the ground before hand. On the subject of beforehand can we get one of the locals to go down the week before and look at the stand cos IMO even that muddy puddle let us down and if we'd known/thought a big bag of compost and a roll of turf costs bugger all.

And now for the more wild stuff:

How about a club/stand theme, one or 2 of the other clubs were starting to go that way and I really think with our enthusiasm we could rock that.
French theme. well throw up a few flags and all get stripey jumpers and strings of onions, leave a few empty wine bottles and some baguettes about to complete the look.
Beach theme. Some sand, a few deck chairs and some buckets and spades and we can all wear hawian shirts
Crime scene. I can pinch some police tape and stuff, paint a few body outlines on the floor a little bit of fake blood a few white suits you get the idea

And to a lesser theme, club clothing to have us looking all the same as it looks really good when you see it on other clubs.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
FCS 2015 - How to be the best club! - by Dum-Dum - 13-06-2014, 08:10 PM
RE: FCS 2015 - How to be the best club! - by Sian - 15-06-2014, 11:45 PM
RE: FCS 2015 - How to be the best club! - by Sian - 16-06-2014, 11:05 AM
RE: FCS 2015 - How to be the best club! - by Dave - 22-06-2014, 12:06 AM
RE: FCS 2015 - How to be the best club! - by Dave - 02-07-2014, 09:48 PM