Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The end of the combustion engine as we know it?
(08-05-2014, 10:49 PM)Kezzieboy Wrote:
(08-05-2014, 12:34 PM)lolsteve Wrote: Fusion yo

Can't wait for the French fusion reactor to start creating net gains, THAT shit is the future.

Fission is the past, it's a quick easy fix, but the waste issue just hasn't been solved. The by products of fission are unsafe for hundreds of years, that's fine at current levels of power from Nuclear, but if we start ramping it up it'll become unmanageable.

I think solar is doing big things, the way the tech has developed in a decade is astonishing, they used to talk about pay-off times in terms of lifetimes, now it's in years.

Fusion would be absolutely ideal. I agree that scaling up nuclear energy production would result in more nuclear waste being created, however I'm not sure unmanageable is the right word. Challenging to deal with yes, but I'd sooner call pumping pollutants into our air and water that we can never reign back in nor control unmanageable. At least nuclear waste produced is 100% controllable, despite the large challenges involved in controlling it properly.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: The end of the combustion engine as we know it? - by RetroPug - 09-05-2014, 09:57 AM