Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carphone Warehouse are complete w*ankers. Advice please?
(26-09-2013, 08:31 PM)Curt Wrote: Any advice for not taking no for an answer? My problem is I don't like being an arse to people, but I know I'm in the right here. Today, for instance, he just said "well, I don't know what to tell you" and then goes all quiet... I don't know where to go from there. I suppose that's where I ask to be passed to complaints...

You do need to speak to people higher up like I said, but you'll only get so far. The key is, make them a deal. They wouldn't want you to go to a consumer group like CF, Watchdog or social media, so you're asking the question of them "What can you do to help?". People who work in call centres aren't the malicious button bashers that people think, they're just people with targets to hit and families to feed, I can't speak for all call centres but the one I work in is full of people who will go out of their way to help, and if we find out people don't have that mindset they don't last long. It's a hard job, and the last thing they need is shit from someone who probably earns much more while they're worrying about getting sales or keeping their call time down so they don't lose their job... If someone's like that with them, they think "f*ck it, I don't get paid enough for this shit" and pass it on. Tell you what, if you get nowhere, if you can wait until my next day off, I'll send you some of my details to pass on and ask me to be added as a temporary representative to your account (You can call and remove that as soon as it's resolved), and I'll give it a try.

Best thing you can say is "I sent you a nearly-new phone with a fault in good faith and I was sent back a phone with more faults than before, and additional damage. I'm still paying your company in good faith, do you really think that's fair? I'm not asking for loads of compensation, and I'm not trying to get out of my agreement with you, I just want you to put your mistake right, and if that means you sending me a new phone because you don't have any refurbished ones in stock, isn't that a fair resolution?". They can't say no without looking stupid.

Like I say mate, firm but fair. You don't have to be an arse, and you'll get a lot further if you aren't
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Carphone Warehouse are complete w*ankers. Advice please? - by THE_Liam - 26-09-2013, 09:00 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Carphone warehouse TY-HDI 7 2,709 22-02-2013, 10:29 AM
Last Post: Rich306
  Citroen Warehouse Ben Jay 15 5,554 01-08-2012, 11:35 PM
Last Post: 4WayDiablo